020.

"it's like i can never understand him, you know?" y/n ranted to kuroo.

"yeah, i'm sure everything will get better though." kuroo's fingers glided over her hand.

they were sitting a cafe that was 5 minutes away from y/n's house, not a lot a people knew about it.

"it's been so stressful recently. makes me wish i never took ririka to that stupid meet and greet." y/n sighed.

"hey, it'll be fine. i'm telling yo-"

quiet gasps were heard from the customers inside the small coffee shop, including kuroo.

"is she back from korea?"

"she returned?"

"she doesn't age, huh?"

"i'll have to get her autograph!"

"is she still dating that one guy?"

constant questions and remarks were heard throughout the building, causing the cafe to no longer be silent and peaceful.

y/n turned her head to see whatever was grasping everyone's attention and before she knew it, she was in a trance as well.

a taller woman, about 5'10, walked into the bistro. her shorter black hair swaying with every step she took. she was definitely not from japan, china maybe? but the thing that was the most captivating besides her facial features was the bright red lipstick she wore.

some girls even felt smaller in her presence. if there was one word to describe her it would be confidence.

"oh wow." y/n turned to kuroo, ignoring the sounds of the woman's heels clicking. "she's pretty, huh?" she asked him.

kuroo didn't respond, he was still watching her. y/n waved her hands in front of him multiple times.

"kuroo! hello?"

he was finally released of whatever spell that lady put on him, "oh- what did you say? sorry, heh."

"i said she was pretty, don't you agree?"

"yeah, she's uh, okay i guess."

"maybe it's time i get you some glasses. she's drop dead gorgeous." y/n laughed, causing some people to look at her. including the woman, who started walking towards them.

"oh god." kuroo mumbled.

her red heels stopped right in front of the two sitting down.

"hi. sorry to bother. can i borrow kuroo for a minute?" she asked with a slight accent after bowing, her face staying blank.

"yeah sure." y/n smiled, which the woman almost cooed at for a minute.

"i don't think i shoul-"

"go on, kuroo! she's your friend right? how else would she know your name?" she slightly nudged him. this whole time red lips, which was the nickname y/n had decided to call her, had her eyes on y/n. not once did she take them off.

"only five minutes." kuroo had gotten tense and was hesitant to stand up and follow the woman, but he did anyway.

once they were in the family bathroom kuroo began, "emiko, what the hell are you doing here?"