| 59 |

"You ready to go?" Sakusa questioned, glancing to the blonde who was mid-way through slinging his bag over his shoulder.

Atsumu responded with a nod and nothing else, as he felt if he looked at Sakusa the dark-haired would see through his lie. He was nervous heading back to MSBY's center after being gone for nearly a week, he'd assumed everyone would've been more pissed off than anything with his absence.

"'Tsumu, you're a bad liar." Sakusa sighed softly and turned to face Atsumu, who of which looked up to face the dark-haired once he was called out.

"They're not mad at you, I promise." Sakusa reassured while putting a hand out for the blonde, giving him the option of taking it.

"Are ya sure?" Atsumu took Sakusa's hand and gave it a slight squeeze, to which he got one in return.

"Positive." The dark-haired smiled softly. With his free hand, Sakusa brushed some of Atsumu's hair to the side and placed a soft, chaste kiss on his forehead.

"M'kay, I'll take yer word for it." The faux blonde smiled softly, a light pink dusting his cheeks as he met Sakusa's eyes. "If I find out yer lyin' though, yer sleepin' on the couch."

"Duly noted." Sakusa let out a small, almost inaudible chuckle. "Now come on, or you'll be dealing with an angry coach."

"Correction," Atsumu smirked slightly, following the dark-haired out the front door. "We'll be dealin' with 'n angry coach."

"Why would I be? You'd be the reason we're late." Sakusa rolled his eyes playfully, letting a slight scoff slip out.

"'Cause if 'm goin' down, yer goin' down with me? Obviously!" The faux blonde flashed a bright smile, to which Sakusa simply rolled his eyes in response.

He'd missed this.

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

°•°•°• ~—~•—•~—~ •°•°•°

"Well well, look who made it." Meian smiled as he watched Sakusa and Atsumu happily walk into the gym, hand in hand.

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that," The faux blonde chuckled sheepishly. "The whole disappearin' on ya's for almost a week, I got 'outta hand I know."

"Atsumu it's fine, you had your reasons. Besides," Meian smiled. "It looks like everything's settled now. Yes?" The dark-haired gestured to the two's intertwined hands.

The two in question gave a nod each, Sakusa with a slight blush, and Atsumu with a bright smile. It made Meian happy to see the two so close again, they didn't seem themselves without one another.

"Good. Now hurry up and get ready, you've got five minutes." And with that, the dark-haired captain walked away, heading back to supervise the rest of the team. Leaving Sakusa and Atsumu to themselves.

The two didn't say anything else to one another as they headed off to get changed. They were content with their silence as finally, everything felt right between them again.

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

•°

°•

•°

°•