| 09 |

"'Samu? What's up?" Atsumu questioned, he'd missed a call from Osamu during practice and now that it was time for their break, he decided to call him back.

"'What's up' Don't ya, 'what's up' me. Ya haven't called me in three days, nor have ya said anythin' to Ma." Osamu was quick to shoot back, making Atsumu fall silent.

"I been busy 'Samu, we're practicin' daily up here. But ya haven't missed much." Atsumu shrugged only to hear his brother sigh, he knew Osamu got worried but it'd only been a few days.

"Well there's somethin' I have missed, considerin' ya haven't updated me on it." Osamu hinted and after a minute, Atsumu caught on.

The blonde quickly looked around, making sure Sakusa hadn't come out in the hall before he spoke up.

"The contacts worked, I've had 'em in every day since I got 'em and so far Omi hasn't figured it out, so that's goin' good." Atsumu nodded to himself, and on the other line, Osamu subconsciously nodded too.

"'Omi'?" Osamu questioned, a small grin coming to his face seeing as how his brother had already gotten comfortable with nicknames for his soulmate.

"I'd like to see ya try sayin' Kiyoomi constantly, nicknames are easier 'Samu." Atsumu rolled his eyes playfully and Osamu let out a small chuckle.

"Yea yea, whatever ya say. Anythin' else?" Osamu didn't want to keep Atsumu for too long as he still had to keep in mind the other had to practice, but he'd be damned if he didn't keep up with the whole soulmate situation.

"Well we've been talkin' more, an' we've been meetin' at the park every night just to chat." Atsumu smiled at the mention of their late night talks.

"Ya know, he's not as bad everyone makes him out to be." Atsumu wasn't too sure if Osamu would take his word on it, as Sakusa had some stories surrounding his name at Inarizaki, but he could still hope.

"And ya'd know that how?" It came out a little meaner than Osamu intended but he really just wanted his brother to be careful here.

"Because I took the time to ask an' listen, he doesn't get too many people genuinely tryin' to understand him, that's how I know." Atsumu shot back, the same amount of bitterness lacing his voice.

It made Osamu sigh. "Ya know I didn't mean it like that, I just want ya to be careful is all."

"Yea yea, ya always want me to be careful. I'm not a little kid 'Samu, I can handle myself." Atsumu sighed and Osamu started laughing.

"Ya sure yer not a kid? Ya sure act like one." Osamu teased and Atsumu rolled his eyes.

"I'll have ya know, I do n-" Atsumu turned and nearly jumped when he seen Sakusa behind him, he got so startled he almost dropped his phone.

"Jesus Omi — ya scared the shit outta' me!" Atsumu spoke up rather quickly as he took a deep breath, it almost made Sakusa laugh, he'd always been more on the silent side.

"Not my fault you weren't paying attention," Sakusa rolled his eyes. "Practice is starting again soon, five minutes."

Atsumu was a little caught off by how much time had passed but nodded either way.

"Thank ya Omi, I'll be there in a minute." Atsumu smiled a little and Sakusa nodding, taking his leave and heading back to the gym.

"Hey 'Samu, sorry 'bout that but I 'otta get goin' now, practice is startin' soon and Omi needs me in there." Atsumu watched as Sakusa walked back into the gym, then focused his attention back on the call with his brother.

"Mhm, get goin' then. Good luck with yer soon-to-been boyfriend 'Tsumu." Osamu teases before he hung up, making Atsumu rolls his eyes playfully.

Despite it being just a tease, Atsumu liked the sound of that, maybe just maybe he would've liked Sakusa to be his boyfriend. Maybe.