| 30 |

"Ma! Ma!" Atsumu called out, a bright smile plastered on the young brunette's face as he ran inside.

Himself and Osamu has just gotten back from school, and after being given yet another lesson on soulmates, he was filled to the brim with curiosity.

"In here sweetheart!" Arisu called back softly, smiling ever so sweetly after seeing one of her little boy's fun into the room.

"Hey hun, what's up? You're more rowdy than usual." A sweet laugh left Arisu's mouth as Atsumu got up on the couch, sitting by her side.

"What happens when soulmates are separated?"

".. I-.. pardon?" Arisu questioned, she understood what Atsumu asked, yet she was just surprised at the sudden question.

"What happens when soulmates separate?" The tiny brunette boy repeated himself.

"In what way? When one passes on, a breakup, anything specific?"

"A breakup?" Atsumu wasn't quite sure, but went with what seemed simpler.

"Well," Arisu paused for a moment, clearing her throat before looking to Atsumu. "After soulmates split, their bond is temporarily broken."

"Now they can either, rebuild that bond together, or they can stay separated."

Atsumu of course nodded at this, following his mother's every word intently.

"If they choose to stay separated — then with passing time, their colour can fade. The process normally takes at least a year to three, and after that," Arisu paused, taking a breath. "Well after that, you get re-paired."

"Re-paired..?" The tiny brunette questioned, that he didn't entirely understand.

"Mhm," Arisu nodded. "It can take anywhere between six to eleven months to be repaired, but once you are, there's no changing that."

Atsumu after hearing that, took a pause. Though, after shaking a thought off, he nodded.

"Why'd ya ask, sunshine?" Arisu kept her tone soft and sweet, like it always had been.

"Was just curious, that's all!" Atsumu smiles brightly once again, leaving Arisu to nod in response.

"M'kay, 'm gonna be off with 'Samu!" The tiny brunette stated before hopping off the couch, happily waving to his mother before heading upstairs.

Atsumu really hoped he never had to lose his soulmates colour, nor did he ever wish to be re-paired.

If he had a soulmate, no matter what, they're his soulmate, and he would do anything to make sure that didn't change.

•••••°•••••°•••••

sjdhsj tiny 'tsumu is so full of love 😭 i kinda feel bad for breaking his heart in present time 😅

~koi ☕︎︎