Chapter XC

"That could have gone better," Han noted as he relaxed into the pilot's seat of the Millennium Falcon having just managed to escape into the safety of lightspeed.

"Do you think Luna made it out alright?" Luke asked.

"You tell me! I'm not connected to whatever blasted Force bondings or what-have-you for feelings to determine that!"

"It's Luna. Has she ever not made it out alright?" Leia asked. The two boys and Chewie gave her a look. "Okay, that was one time. And a building collapsed on her. The place was still structurally sound while we were flying away."

Luke only groaned out a sigh: "Regardless, we're going to have to report to Mother and Father about it."

"Can we not? I mean it's not like we really learned anything new."

"No, we did learn something: Luna's after Imperial Intelligence, whether it's gathering it for Valkyrie or something, she was actively after it."

"You're saying Luna's somehow managed to become a Fulcrum at some point this past month?"

"I'm saying she may be part of that division, or working as an underling. We already know she's got some form of a connection to Valkyrie which means that she also has a connection to a Fulcrum."

"Kid's onto something," Han noted. "Neither Valkyrie or her Fulcrum have explained how they constantly get such good and wide ranged intel. It makes sense that they either have a system, a high ranked insider, or someone who knows Imperials better than they know themselves. Maybe you could reach out to that Ahsoka friend of yours? See what she could dig up?"

"She doesn't know the identity of everyone who reports to her, that'd be way too much of a security risk," Leia responded. "I don't know if she even knows who Valkyrie or her Fulcrum is. And if she does, she wouldn't tell me without good reason."

"Can you at least ask?" Luke questioned. The Princess thinned her lips thinking before she let out a sigh.

"I can try. I already asked her about Luna and the alternate names we know of. Maybe she can find some sort of pattern. Or convince Valkyrie to tell her more. But that's assuming I manage to reach her. Ahsoka goes dark in the field save for covertly contacting her operatives. I might not be able to get a message to her until the next time we meet in person."

Luke sighed, but nodded in acceptance. "That's something to look into at least."

"Something," Han agreed, shaking his head.

~*~

"Your friend's cool with this?" Luna asked, raising an eyebrow as Ahsoka started escorting Mina, the little slave they freed, towards Maz's castle.

"Don't worry so much, Luna. It'll be fine," the Togruta responded. "I'll be back in an hour at the latest. Knowing Maz, she'll want to talk. You should get some sleep."

"Whatever you say," the human responded, disregarding the last bit of her friend's response as she turned away, humming to herself as she boarded the Artemis's Illusion. The humming, as it often did, grew, turning into a song that she had heard Force knew where. "I'm alone here on my island,

Floating in the sky, I'm,

High above the world I used to know,

And I'm far from any danger,

Safe from any failure,

Guarded, I found shelter in the storm.