Chapter XCVI

The Lunar Shadow had similar capabilities as the Artemis's Illusion at first glance.

At second, or if you were Ahsoka and otherwise aware of some of the systems underneath the obvious (the tracking system for instance), then you'd see that as much of a punch the Illusion packed, the Shadow outdid it in almost every way.

And that was saying something.

She was leaning against the wall at the moment, feeling the ship humming under her. Vader had, for the sake of picking up the other ships, shot them to lightspeed and then turned back around to orbit Felucia cloaked. It hadn't taken long, so it was likely they would remain in orbit for a while to allow things planetside to settle. The group had been mostly silent since they had boarded. After the initial escape everyone save Vader had gathered in the common room. Leia had already started going over the stolen intel to see if they'd managed to gather anything worthwhile. Ahsoka, theoretically, ought to have been assisting the Princess, but at that particular moment, she was questioning her life choices.

Again.

Sure things had gone....decent. Vader hadn't tried to kill her. They hadn't addressed the why of either of their presences, something she could sense the other Rebels in the room wanted out of the way as soon as possible, but considering the circumstances things had gone smoothly.

Smoother than Ahsoka had hoped for to be honest. In a perfect world she would have approached Luke and Leia about....

Well, the Grey Jedi honestly didn't really know the angle she would have been using, just that it would have hopefully gotten her a holocall with Vader and not an in person meeting.

Instead Ahsoka could skip the in-between and go straight to the top.

Oh, she should have listened to Luna and turned around the moment she felt Vader's presence on the planet. It didn't help that the Grey Jedi had this feeling that there was somewhere else she needed to be.

But it was too late for that. Let go of the past and live in the present. Now she had to somehow find a way to approach the topic of Vader's Shadow without irking the Sith or letting anyone know too early that she knew where Luna was. The Grey Jedi wasn't about to lead them straight to the once Sith apprentice until she was sure things would go well. Or at least as well as things could go when Ana—Vader was involved with talking something out.

How was she supposed to do this again? What had she been thinking?

"It seems we have successfully eluded them," Vader stated as he entered the room. "However, it will be awhile until we can regroup with the ships."

"How long?" Ahsoka asked.

"That depends on how close you landed."

She took the words in with a nod, mentally figuring. The Grey Jedi had landed the Illusion rather close to the base and had covered it with camo-netting, figuring she'd make better use of its cloaking ability during her escape. With the Shadow being what dropped her off, it likely wouldn't be all that long before she could leave.

That didn't mean she was going to tell them that. If they, well not even they, just Vader, saw the ship....

Better to sort through the reason she was here first.

"So.... You aren't going to ask what the hell Vader's doing here?" Han asked after the several moments of silence Ahsoka had unknowingly created when she hadn't responded. The Grey Jedi's eyes clicked to the Smuggler, somewhat startled by the question before recalling that it was something anyone else in her shoes who hadn't been spending months with Eclipse (and in turn more or less up to date with Vader's s current activities) would probably have asked about by now. Assuming said person had actually rolled with it for some insane reason (her's being the history she had with a certain Skywalker) and hadn't overacted in the first place.