Chapter LVI

"I'm sorry—"

"No. No more apologies. I'd rather you have the Illusion and the Delta if you are going to be wandering out into Sith Space. I can get to the fleet easily enough," Ahsoka responded from where the two of them were standing at the bottom of the ship's ramp on Takodana within sight of Maz Kanata's Castle—apparently the Torguta had a connection in there she wouldn't name though the ex-Shadow was willing to hazard a guess.

"Still...." Luna began, wincing at the fact she was bullying her friend out of a ship. If the ex-Shadow was going to only do one stop, she would have let Ahsoka keep Artemis's Illusion but she had bigger plans and two to three stops, a couple decent distances away from the more populous part of the galaxy. The Delta was also way too recognizable, and the girl wanted Kaytee with her.

"Stop worrying. It isn't the first time I've been without a ship. I'm more worried about you. Are you sure you will be alright?"

"I'll be fine. Promise. Besides, the likelihood I'll find anything but ruins is pretty low."

"Why are you going out there anyway?"

"I'm curious about what can be found. Maybe old lightwhip designs, who knows? I promise not to do anything stupid."

"And if you find the Emperor has agents out there and they're up to something?" Ahsoka asked, raising an eyebrow. "You said you were picking up possible shipments in that direction...."

"I'll cloak the ship and turn tail." After I see what they're up to. "Promise. See you in two weeks," Luna said, pulling her friend into a hug.

"Alright. See you then. And comm me if you're running late," the Torgruta requested as they parted.

"I will," the human said with a smile. "May the Force be with you. Say high to those friends of yours for Tia."

"Will do. May the Force be with you."

Luna stood by the entrance of her ship as she watched her friend walk away. The smile faded from her face as her mind moved onto what was next. After her partner had long since disappeared, Luna stayed there for a good few minutes, staring unseeing at the lake, before turning around to head into the hold.

"First stop," the ex-Shadow muttered to herself as the ramp rose behind her, "Dagobah."