Chapter X

Had Luna had any different kind of training than what she had under Vader, she would have frozen or stumbled in surprise as she felt his presence run over her.

The fact of the matter being that she did have such training, the sudden notification of his presence gained no outward reaction.

Inward was an entirely different matter.

He's going to kill me, Luna thought to herself as she deflected another dozen blasts back into the endless army of troopers in front of her while Ahsoka tried to grab the attention of one of the big guns in the Delta. Assuming I manage to survive this....

The millisecond distraction was rewarded with a blast hitting her in the shoulder jolting her off balance for a nanosecond and surprising her. Luna rarely ever got hit, thank the Force her armor absorbed lasers.

Her surprise also grabbed Vader's attention.

Where in the galaxy has your shielding gone, Luna? she thought to herself as she mentally pulled back in her Force presence. It had been so long since she had last fought fully within the Force that what usually kept others that had strong bonds with her from sensing her emotions seemed to be far weaker than usual, as did what usually kept people from noticing Luna's Force sensitivity. Apparently she had been using the Force so little that she had become lax in her usual cautiousness.

But one thing was for sure, Luna wasn't going to last in front of the army for much longer like this.

She didn't need to.

Less than three seconds later, a TIE Advanced flew over, decimating the ground troops and freeing her from the barrage of lasers.

Her lightsaber hissed off as Luna used Vader's distraction to Force jump onto a roof before racing along it, heading away from the main building.

"Huntress II to Huntress I, you there?" Ahsoka's voice asked as Luna's comm snapped to life.

"Yes," Luna said as she heard the Delta fly over her.

"Please tell me you have an idea of how to get out of here."

"Ish. Are the Rebels out yet?"

"No."

Luna grumbled a few curses in Huttese. "They need to get out of here!"

"So do you!"

"Yeah, yeah, one thing at a time.... Oh, don't shoot the TIE Advanced."

"Why?"

"Vader's here."

"WHAT?!" The fighter wobbled for a split second, nearly getting hit by a laser cannon.

"Don't you dare destroy my ship!!"

"Vader's here?!"

"And on our side!"

"I highly doubt that!"

"He's working with the Rebels. We're working with the Rebels. We're all on the same side for the moment, now don't blow up my ship!"

"Tia, you do realize who you're talking about, right?"

"Yes."

"How are you even going to escape?"

"I'll figure something out, just don't get hit and try to cover for the Rebels. Skywalker's going to need all the help he can get."

"That's the understatement of the millennia," Luna heard Ahsoka mutter before the comm went silent.

~*~

Vader's here.

The thought ran through Ahsoka's mind on repeat. The Sith, the monster, her old Master had become was here.

Furthermore, he was actually helping the Rebellion. The rumors were true.

It was almost too much.

Fight now, think later, she told herself, taking the fighter into a tight spin as she tried to keep the guns from locking on her while she targeted another TIE.

Tia was right about one thing. It would be very bad to blow up the fighter.

Another thing she was right about was that Skywalker needed all the help he could get; although, she probably wasn't thinking of the same Skywalker Ahsoka was thinking of.

Because the Skywalker Ahsoka was currently focusing on helping out had managed to pick up more than twenty TIEs on his tail while chasing ten others.

Only you would be crazy enough to be trying that, Skyguy.