Chapter LXXIV

This can't be right, Luna thought to herself as she walked through a doorway to find herself in the middle of a hallway in the Jedi Temple. When last she checked she was heading in the general direction of a Sith Temple.

Well, she couldn't say it was the Jedi Temple for sure, the hallway was abandoned and there were no windows and the detector wasn't the same. A Jedi temple perhaps?

Still didn't belong. It didn't scream Sith. Too many muted-not-black colors and had curves not edges—a design that artists used to make edges and things harder which was more often than not applied to evil things and therefore Sith architecture on Earth and likely apical real-world wise.

Then again, that may be bias speaking. Not like she'd been this deep on Moraband before.

At least it isn't completely dark anymore, Luna thought to herself as she deactivated her lightsaber and let her eyes adjust to the dim lighting around her before cautiously continuing forward, eyes roaming over her new surroundings. So far nothing appeared dangerous, but that could change in a nanomoment.

"Hello?" she risked asking, her voice falling flat despite the fact she would have expected an echo of some description. Strange....

The ex-Shadow continued down the hallway, noting that her own shadow was flying everywhere from the lighting. She could almost feel the danger jumping across the hair on her arms like an electric current dead set on giving her goosebumps.

This feels way too much like that old mansion Sophie made me take her to, Luna noted to herself. The younger girl had been dead set at seeing the inside of a "real princess's house", and the mansion had been the closest thing too that happened to be available. The fact it was long abandoned (and for good reason) hadn't stopped Luna from getting them inside, with transport help from Eric who was slightly interested because apparently he'd heard stories and had not seen fit to tell the girls.

Lo and behold, the thing was haunted. By very unfriendly ghosts. Thankfully Sophie wasn't an idiot and didn't press all that much when Luna decided they were only going to look at the handful of grand rooms near the main entrance and not explore the bedrooms or kitchen or whatever else there was. Eric, who may have been the eldest and often acted like the textbook example of the idiot in a horror movie who convinced everyone to stick around for whatever was preparing to kill them because "prove the fact you aren't a wimp" in public to hide his messed up life, trusted his gut and didn't even complain about not even staying half an hour after all the hoops they'd had to jump through to get to the mansion in the first place.

It was only later Luna had learned the history of the place. To summarize, there were murders. Lots and lots of murders. And unexplainable accidents that often resulted in death.

Not everyone was as welcoming as G when it came to kids or people in general messing around their haunt.

And Luna didn't like the fact she was getting that feeling again.

Even less that she didn't have someone backing her up this time around. Eric may not have been the most reliable person in the world, but he was someone.

Stop trying to psych yourself out, Luna reminded herself. If there are unfriendly ghosts here, they are a hell lot more dangerous than the Earth ones. You've got to be ready.

Well, no way but forward.

The girl continued onwards to the end of the hallway, turning right on a whim.

Either I'm in Palpatine's hellscape or being tested by....someone. Yay.

Bodies were strewn on the floor. The slaughter of 66 that Luna had mostly been unconscious for.