Chapter XVII

"Remind me what we're doing here again?" Lando asked as he and Han landed a shuttle on Nar Shaddaa.

"We need to get information from a contact about the Empire's plans," Han told him. "With luck, nothing will happen."

"Come on Han, you can't take me here and expect me to not play a game or two."

"Only use your credits, not the Alliance's. I made that mistake once and making up the money was not fun," Han replied, thinking back to that particular mission. It had taken forever to clean up the Falcon and weeks to get rid of the smell.

"I hear you loud and clear, old buddy. My credits will be the only ones on the table," Lando reassured, smirking.

"Good."

"So, we're meeting this person at...." Lando started as he looked at a data pad before groaning in disgust, "Uhg."

"Been there?"

"Unfortunately, not exactly the best spot, especially when it comes to sabacc, but I suppose a place with a mixture of shady deals and honest deals would be a good place to go for this."

"I'm assuming more shady than honest?"

"But of course."

There was an angry tootle behind them.

"Yeah, yeah, we're moving," Han said, glaring at Artoo who had come along due to Luke's insistence that he was getting bored being the R2 unit was just about as grounded as he was. The Kid treated the droid like it was a person.

"He's right, if we don't hurry, we're going to be late," Lando said. "This place is pretty far away, and we don't want to miss this person."