𝖙𝖜𝖔

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡,

He closed his Physics textbook and shoved everything back into his backpack from off his desk.
He was realizing he didn't understand anything going on in this class.

Probably because he would spend all his time staring at Kaylina. He didn't know anyone could be so pretty. But of course, nobody is that perfect so he figured something had to be wrong with her.

His door opened and revealed his dad, who stood 6'4.
"Did you go to conditioning today like I told you too?" He asked leaning in the doorway.

"No I didn't." He shrugged. His dad wanted to live through his son, and of course he wanted Jeremiah to play basketball like he did.

"I told yo' ass about this! You gonna get out of highschool, and then what? You ain't gon' get any kind of free ride if you just another student. You gotta play sports to do this shit." Jeremy shook his head, honestly disappointed in his son.

"What a dude like me look like playing basketball bruh? That's dead." He shook his head and took his glasses off, laying them on his nightstand.

"You never gonna know if you don't try, that's all I'm gonna say." His father shrugged before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

"Ima make something of myself, just watch." Jeremiah chuckled to himself before turning his light off, leaving him in the dark.

He laid down and jumped on his phone, to bore himself to sleep.

🤍

"My bad." He nervously laughed picking up his books as he ran straight into someone.

"Watch where you going bitch." Some dude spat, pushing past Jeremiah and bumping his shoulder.
He was embarrassed, especially since all eyes were now on him.

He put his stuff back into his bag and went to class, sitting in the very back of 1st period.
It took everything in him to fight back tears.

Jeremiah really didn't look like it, but he was a big, sensitive, teddy bear that couldn't stand confrontation.

Some people cry when they're mad, he cries for no reason at all. Even if you looked at him the wrong way, he would be sobbing.

He's used to getting pushed around and called 'sensitive', and it didn't bother him cause he knew he was, and he hated it.

"You kind of in my seat." Kaylina giggled, as he put his head up.
"I thought we didn't have assigned seats?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah but this is my favorite spot." She shrugged.
"Oh..okay." He said grabbing his stuff and moving to the desk next to her.

"Are you ok?" She asked, touching his arm making him smile a little.

"Yeah, just something happened in the hallway." He shrugged.
"A big, like 12 foot tall nigga who look like he don't need to be in highschool?" She asked and he nodded.

"Man, that's Sakiah, don't even worry about his 20 year old ass. He the only person I know that's failed his senior year 3 times." She shook her head.

"20?" Jeremiah mumbled to himself, embarrassed for him.

"Hey um.." she said kind of nervous.
"Did you wanna go to the bonfire with me this weekend?" She asked and he thought about it.

Of course he would love to go with someone like Kaylina, but parties weren't his scene.
"Not really.." He shook his head and Kaylinas smile dropped.

"Wait! Not like that! You're really pretty it's just- I'm not meaning it like I don't wanna go with you, cause I would enjoy that! But I don't really go to parties." He quickly cleared up.

Kaylina just laughed and Jeremiah was embarrassed and confused.
"You're so cute," she giggled, making him break a smile.

"We don't have to go for long, just to show our faces. It's that thing that people talk about for the rest of the year and it's kind of a tradition." She explained and he nodded.

"I'll go." He finally said and the bell rung, as kids filled up the class.

"Jeremiah!" Some girl, who he quickly realized was the eyelash girl, smiled waving for him to go sit by her.

"I-"
"You can go, but just a warning, she's the school thot." Kaylina snickered, opening her textbook.

Jeremiah grabbed his stuff and sat next to the girl.
"I never got your name." He said, shyly. He went from one pretty girl to the next and he was just overwhelmed.

"My name is Jasmine." She smiled, feeling herself get wet just by seeing him.
"Oh." He dryly said, pushing his glasses up and opening his textbook.

"Are you new? I didn't see you here last year." She said, trying to make conversation but Jeremiah was already annoyed.

"Yeah, I'm new." He shrugged, drowning her out and looking at the teacher.

🤍

Kaylina sat in her room, writing stuff in her notebook.

Anything she felt, she wrote about. She didn't feel any worse or different, though. It was weird, like she felt better. It's only been a week and she already feels better?

It's weird. She understands more of what's happening in class, she isn't as sad as usual but she still smokes for her anxiety.

Was it because of Jeremiah? Nah, how could someone you've known for a week make your depression better?

In the middle of her thoughts, her phone lit up with Jeremiahs name, making her smile.

Jeremiah☺️

Wsp, wyd ?

Just finished my homework.
I need Netflix suggestions.

Ginny and Georgia is good, I just started watching it though

I'll see what it's about
Wyd ?

I just came back from the court.

You play basketball? Omg😍

Lol why the 'omg😍'

Because niggas that play basketball are just so sexy Jesus..

So that makes me sexy?

If you wanna be, but playing basketball was an added bonus. Honestly you've been fine.

Thanks
You're really pretty too ☺️.

Thank you 😊
So you're not gonna change your mind about going to the bonfire Saturday?

Nope.

Alright then, if you do I'm beating ass.

Ok😂