𝖔𝖓𝖊

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚,

She dug her head into her pillow, trying to clear her head. Her parents downstairs, screaming, yelling and breaking things didn't help.

She didn't get any of her homework done because of it, so most likely she would wait until the next morning like always.

She sighed and swung her feet off the edge of her bed, and went into her dresser drawer. She grabbed the ounce of weed and some backwoods, before rolling up and grabbing her lighter.

This is what she did to calm down. Not a lot of people agreed with smoking as a teenager but she didn't care.

Even if it did kill her, she didn't have much to live for anyways.
She did not have friends, her parents didn't care about her, her grades were falling and she was growing more and more depressed by the day.

The only person she felt really cared about her was her Grandma. She died when Kaylina was 13, and that's when everything went downhill.

It was 11pm. After about 2 hours of smoking, Kaylina was satisfied with her high.

She noticed that the yelling had died down, and she picked up her notebook with her mechanical pencil.
She titled the page and started writing whatever came to mind.

Dear Kaylina,

Everyday I wonder why I have to live like this. Why I have to live this life. Why me? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Is it even worth going through all the pain, just to die in the end? What's the point of life anyways? It feels like it's just disappointment and sorrow. A lot of people say life is full of hardship, but they never said that's all life can be. I try to break down the walls but they're stronger than me. Everything is stronger than me.
Why me?

Love, Kaylina

She sighed and closed the notebook, before putting it under her bed. Instead of talking to people about how she felt, she decided keeping it to herself but still letting it out was best.

It was kind of like a diary, she wrote in it every day. And she has everyday since her grandmother passed, for 5 years. She's ran through at least 50 notebooks and they're all hidden in her closet.

She glanced at her clock and sighed, putting her bonnet on and pulling the covers over her body.
Maybe she could sleep a full night tonight.

🤍

She closed her locker and walked to her first period class as normal. She hated physics and never understood anything.

She walked into the classroom, getting her usual stares and sat in the very back corner of the room.
Classes hadn't started yet so she wasted some time on her phone.

"Excuse me," someone said grabbing her attention.
She looked up to see a tall dude, brownskin, glasses and a lot of hair standing in front of her.
"He's so cute." She thought.

"This Mrs. Zimmermans class right?" He asked looking up from his schedule.

"Yeah." She nodded and he slowly nodded while looking around.
"There's no assigned seats." She added, reading his mind.

"Thank you." He shyly smiled and pushed his glasses up, before sitting at an empty seat.

Jeremiah thought she was beautiful.
The way her skin sat against her perfectly brown eyes, perfect teeth and long, pretty hair, he liked everything about her.

Of course, he was too nervous to say that. He was definitely afraid of rejection and never had a girlfriend before. He didn't even know how to give a compliment without sounding weird.

He pushed his glasses up for the millionth time, a little aggravated because they were too big.
He pulled out a notebook and his phone, waiting on class to start.

Once the bell rung, the class started filling up with kids.
"Who is that?" Some girl barely whispered pointing right at him. Her friend looked at him and smiled before actually whispering something else.

He felt his face get hot and quickly shook it off. He was here for school and school only. It was his last year of highschool and he didn't wanna start slacking off now.

He just moved from Florida to New Jersey and he knew absolutely nothing about anything here. All he knew was how to get from here to his dads house. He hated being there, though.

"Good morning everyone!" A white lady, who he assumed was the teacher, smiled walking into the classroom.

He sighed and grabbed his pencil, beginning to write everything she wrote and said.

🤍

He tied the laces on his Nikes and repositioned his glasses on his face as he stood off to the side of the hallway, trying to figure out which class he had next and where to go.

"You need help?" She same girl from earlier asked and he nodded, with a small smirk. He showed her his schedule.

"Umm.. AP Gov is right down this hall, first right and the first classroom on the left." She said and he nodded, still quiet.

"You don't talk do you?" She smiled. He got a little confused but more nervous than anything.

"Not a lot." He shrugged in his deep voice, catching Kaylina off guard. She wasn't paying attention to his voice earlier.

"Well little anonymous, my name is Kaylina." She said. He made a mental note of that.
"Jeremiah." He gave a small smile.

The bell rung and kids started walking into their classrooms, leaving just Kaylina and Jeremiah in the hall.

"Well I should um.. get going. It was nice meeting you. By the way you're really pretty." He smirked, pushing his glasses up and walking to his class.

As he turned the corner, he started punching the air.
"That sounded weird." He sighed knocking on the glass of the classroom door.

One of the same girls from first period opened the door, and once noticing it was Jeremiah, fluttered her lashes even harder.

He just pushed past her and sat in an empty seat, ready for this day to be over with.