𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚,

"Kaylina, Kay!" Bri shook her as she shot up from her sleep.
"Bri." She sniffed and pulled her into a hug.
"It's okay boo, it was a dream." She coo'd.

"C-can you hand me my-" before Kaylina could finish her sentence, Briona already had him dialed.
"Baby I'm in prac-"
"Miah." Her voice cracked and he immediately dropped the ball, putting his attention on her.

"Boo what's wrong? Y'all okay?" He asked sounding concerned, only upsetting Kaylina even more.
"I had a nightmare and I-" She cried as Briona rubbed her back.
"Baby talk to me, what it was about?" He replied while sitting in the bleachers.

"The baby d-died, and I w-went to tell you and, you w-were gone too." She sniffed and his heart broke.
"Do you want me to come back home, boo?" He rubbed his arm.
"No, I don't wanna ruin it for you-"

"Baby if you having dreams like this then something might be happening." He stressed.
"Jeremiah, just stay. I'll go and get checked out." She sighed and he hesitated to agree.
"Ima call you when I get back to my hotel and I'll talk to you all day. It'll be okay." He said softly, lowering her anxiety.

"Don't forget yo pills, and eat all three times. I love you." He spoke softly.
"Ok, I love you too." She slightly smiled, before hanging up.

"You wanna go now?" Bri asked. Kaylina nodded and got up to get dressed.

🤍

"Answer, please." Jeremiah bounced his leg as he repeatedly called Kaylina.
"Fuck! Kaylina answer yo phone." He mumbled to himself, sending her another text.

After hearing about her dream, he was shaken up and needed to know both of his babies were safe.
"Hello? Jeremiah what's wrong?" She finally answered.

"Shit, you scared the fuck out of me. Why you couldn't answer?" He asked.
"I was at the doctor and I had to turn my ringer off. I saw your calls but couldn't answer while they were doing the tests." She explained.

"Okay um, what did they say?" He sighed, pulling on his hair.
"Everything looked good, but I have high blood pressure and-"
"The hell? I need to come back down there?" He shot up out of his bed.
"Baby sit down," she giggled and he slowly laid back down.

"It's easy to deal with, she gave me some medicine and told me to try and keep my stress levels down." She said and he nodded.
"As long as y'all ok, you still with Bri?" He asked. She shook her head and moved the camera around her room.

"I came back to get some of my clothes, but her and Ro went out so I guess I'm staying the night here. They keep giving me evil eyes and I'm- I just don't know." She sighed.
"You won't have to deal with it forever baby. The day we graduate we out this bitch." He shrugged and pulled his shirt off.

"I guess." She shrugged and poked her stomach, a habit she picked up.
"Quit looking down, I hate that shit." He kissed his teeth.
"Boy, I'm looking at my stomach." She laughed.
"When's yo next appointment?" He asked.

"Friday morning." She nodded.
Jeremiah sighed, he wouldn't be back in town before then.
"Can you reschedule or something? I don't wanna miss it." He pushed his glasses up and sat his phone up.

"I can try, but even if I can't it's okay, Miah. I won't be mad." Kaylina smiled and kissed her camera, of course, giving Jeremiah butterflies.
"I want the ultrasound pics the minute you get them." He chuckled and she nodded.

"On another note, how's the camp? You don't talk about it a lot." She raised her eyebrow.
"I mean, it's just basketball. I guess you could say I'm one of the best ones there, but I'm not sure I'll get the scholarship." He shrugged.
"You'll get it baby, you the best nigga out there." She hyped, making him laugh.

"I'm actually the only nigga out there, everyone else either Hispanic or white." He chuckled.
"See? You stand out already." She giggled.

🤍

"The thing is I'm not sure if I wanna do this for the rest of my life. I was kinda forced into it by my dad, and even though I enjoy it a little bit, it's not my passion." Jeremiah explained to Carmelo.

"So why are you here?" He raised his eyebrow.
"My girlfriend is um, pregnant and I'm trying to provide for her." He said and pulled on his hair.

"You got a family to provide for and you ain't doing what you love, then what? You get tired of it and quit, then what y'all gonna do?" Carmelo chuckled.
"I ain't think of it like that." Jeremiah mumbled.

"The minute you sign a contract, it won't be for 5 million right off the bat. You gotta want it." He said, drinking out his water bottle.
"I do want it-"

"Nah, you want the money that you think you're gonna get. Nobody finna sign a mediocre player, nigga. I see you out here and there's no fire, you just playing to play. You don't want to be here, do you?" He asked, and Jeremiah slowly shook his head.

"Ight, so now we gotta figure out what you really wanna do." He spoke and sat up in his chair.
"I had this idea for like a children's center, say if they have an abusive or toxic household, they could spend they time there and get help." He explained.

"Alright, you got yo idea. So how you gone get there?" He continued to press.
"I was gonna use the money from the NBA-"
"There was so much wrong with that sentence." He shook his head as Jeremiah twisted his lips.

"Man you can't just expect to jump to the top. You gotta work for that shit. People who billionaires started just like you, with a dream and nowhere to begin. Even if you gotta work a 9-5 to get there, be thankful you made it. And if you didn't? Be grateful for the lessons it taught you." He stated.

"So one last time, do you wanna be a fake ass, unhappy basketball player, or do you wanna be a happy, rich ass business owner? It's your decision." He raised his eyebrows.

Jeremiahs mind wandered and a smile grew on his face.
"I made my decision." He nodded.