x.

chapter ten.

Matthias left Elena to go through her parent's things. He didn't want to intrude when she was having a moment sinking in everything they found.

Matthias was caught off guard when he heard the noise, he didn't react quick enough and he almost laughed when Brady, Jules' boyfriend shot him in the chest. The man had terrible aim and was nowhere near Matthias' heart.

"Keep him down." Brady told Tyler before handing him the gun. "If he moves... kill him." He told Tyler before handing him the stake and leaving.

Matthias laughed as he sat up, much to Tyler's fear. "Don't move!"

"You know, they should've warned you about me." Matthias told him.

"Why?" Tyler questioned.

Matthias smirked an in a blink of an eye, he was behind Tyler with the bloody bullet in his hand. "Because I'm much older than the Salvatore's and can kill you both with ease." Tyler shook with fear as Matthias took the stake and gun from him before shoving him into the wood. "Now, why are you two here?"

Tyler groaned in pain as he lifted himself up, "I can't let you break the curse."

"So, you know." Matthias said.

"That you're all a bunch of liars? Yes!" Tyler spat.

Matthias shrugged, "Technically, I don't lie." He lied, but Tyler didn't need to know that. "The Salvatore's and Caroline lied to you, not me."

"Look, I don't want to be like this anymore, so we're going to break the curse before you do." Tyler told him and Matthias felt his jaw clench.

"Tyler, do you even know what needs to happen in order to break the curse?" Matthias snapped at him, a glare on his face appearing when Tyler remained silent. "Elena has to die, Tyler." Tyler was shocked and Matthias knew that he didn't know. "So, who's the liars now?"

Tyler and Mattias both head over to the house, Matthias leaving Tyler behind as he spotted Elena running outside with a bloody knife in hand. Elena was making a run for the car as Matthias appeared before Brady and wrapped a hand around his throat, making him cry out. Elena turned around to see a very angry Matthias lifting Brady into the air before he snapped his neck.

Matthias dropped his body like it was nothing and turned towards Elena, Elena stilled at the sight of his eyes. His eyes were black with veins underneath them and she knew that he was pissed. Despite the tinge of fear she felt, she still rushed towards him and crashed into him, wrapping her arms around him as he did the same to her.

"See, I told you that I wouldn't let you get hurt." He joked and Elena let out a breathless laugh.

Elena then noticed Tyler approaching them, "Tyler?"

"I didn't know what they were gonna do to you." He told her honestly "I didn't. I just... I didn't want to be like this anymore." Much to Matthias' annoyance, Elena walked over to Tyler and hugged him. "I'm sorry, Elena."

"It's okay." She told him.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias and Elena had seen Tyler off, he took Brady's car and left.

Elena could see that Matthias was on edge, his shoulders were tensed, and he looked ready to snap at any moment.

"Matty." She called out to him, and Matthias let out a sigh. "Talk to me."

Matthias turned towards her, "Elena they were here to take you." He said and Elena could see the anger flash through his eyes. "They wanted to attempt to break the sun and moon curse."