viii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter eight.

"So, John came to visit you?" Matthias asked Katherine as he was visiting her.

Katherine nodded her head, "I was honestly surprised, I thought it would be Isobel." She told him. "It's only a matter of time before Damon comes as well."

"Why would Damon?" Matthias asked her with a frown.

Katherine felt guilty, but she hid it. "John gave Damon a dagger."

Matthias felt his blood run cold, Klaus had all his siblings daggers. If John had Elijah's dagger and with white oak, it meant that Klaus was already making plans to arrive. Had he actually been having fun spending time with the Salvatore's and Elena?

"Matthias, do you have a crush on her?" Katherine dared to ask when she noticed the look on his face. "It's okay if you do."

"A what?" Matthias questioned her, snapping out of his thoughts. "Kat, you and I both know that I don't know what feelings are."

Katherine wanted to believe him, but when his phone went off with a phone call from Elena, she didn't miss how his eyes lit up just a little bit. She didn't miss how a smile made its way onto his face or how he stepped further from the tomb to answer it.

Matthias had a crush, and he didn't even realize it.

"Hey, are you busy today?" Katherine heard Elena's voice through the other end of the phone.

"No, I'm not busy." Matthias responded casually after clearing his throat. "What's up?"

Elena bit the inside of her cheek, she looked over to where Bonnie and Caroline were sitting, both giving her thumbs up to do it. The three had spent the night talking about how Elena was growing feelings for the vampire and while there was still a part of her that loved Stefan, she was inching more towards Matthias as it seemed that he understood her a lot more and listened to her.

"Do you maybe want to go on a getaway trip with me?" Elena asked him and Matthias could hear the nerves in her voice. "I mean, things have been so hectic, and I think a weekend away is what we both need." She explained softly, she looked over to her friends and they urged her on. "So, what do you think?"

Matthias smiled, legitimately smiled which shocked Katherine as she peeked into the room to see his reaction. "Elena Gilbert, are you inviting me on, what do you call it, a romantic weekend?" He joked with a chuckle.

"Yes." Elena shocked them both and Caroline slapped a hand over her mouth to keep from screaming.

"Wow." Matthias chuckled nervously, "Okay, then, I'll pick you up." With that he hung up the phone and Katherine didn't miss how he was grinning widely.

Elena turned to her friends, and they cheered loudly making Elena laugh as she rushed back onto the bed. Caroline and Bonnie proceeded to give her words of encouragement, but all Elena could think about was how she was going to do it. She was just going to shoot her shot and if he turned her down, then at least she could say she tried.

God, she hoped that he didn't turn her down.

Matthias arrived at Elena's house, and he hated to admit that he was nervous. A weekend alone with Elena Gilbert was never on his plan of getting close to the group. This was all new to him and he was afraid because this would all end badly on his part. Matthias knocked on the door and Elena opened it with a smile on her face.