Chapter 23- So Now You Know

"WE ARE ALL LIKE THE BRIGHT MOON, WE STILL HAVE OUR DARKER SIDE." -Kahlil Gibran

CHAPTER 23

 UNEDITED

I couldn't fall asleep that night, with the constant reminder of Cameron's confession. Every time I would try to clear my mind, it was as if a bolt of electricity shot through me- a very bold reminder of the event from yesterday. It was a shock of excitement if anything, and my insides were buzzing with bewilderment. I could practically hear the words he said repeated in my head constantly. The adrenaline was like an infinite flicker going on inside of me that I could not explain. Every time I would try to get a shuteye, I'd get another convulsion, recalling the moment when he looked at his father and with so much passion and fire he said, "I freaking love her." I wouldn't lie and say that the circumstances for such a proclamation were ideal. In fact, it was a quite unromantic scene once thought about. But the situation was a paradox by all meaning; he professed his love and affection for me during a time of absolute hate and anguish, amidst yelling and heartbreak. But that's life. It's not a fairytale, nor will it ever be, but it's a beautiful story nonetheless.

I didn't want to bring up what Cameron said yesterday after his dad left because it seemed selfish and out of place. I mean sure, I could have, but it didn't seem right. He had just had this huge argument with his father, who disowned him as a son, and how rude of me would it be for me to say something along the lines of, "So, Cameron, you really love me, huh?" Yeah, not over my dead body. He had way more important psychological issues to deal with. I was also curious as to Isabella's state of mind, too. Right after Robert left, Isabella resumed the status of supermom, making regular conversation with Teta and making snacks for us. I don't know if her method of coping is going into denial and acting as if nothing happened, but it sure as heck was what it seemed like. She hadn't displayed any signs of dismay or anything, and just went about her business like usual. I know she was trying to act strong, but she had to let it out. It isn't healthy to hold such strong emotions inside, especially after what happened that day.

Luckily, though, Cameron did talk to her, and she seemed set on getting a divorce, finally. She finally came to a conclusion that she didn't want Cameron to have to succumb to the torture that his father put him through, and knew that Maxy needed a healthy environment to grow up in, one without confusion or threats. She herself realized that enough was enough, and the minute Cameron began talking to her about Robert, she held documents in front of his face, signaling her effort in filling them out. You could say it was emotional for the both of them.

It also has come to their conclusion that they want to move. Not move cities, thank God, but move houses, seeing as the mansion they currently lived in was under Robert's name and they couldn't have that type of reminder daunting down on them. They were beginning to start a new chapter in their lives, and they needed a fresh start. Cameron and Isabella have decided to be co-signers of a smaller house on the outskirts of town. It was a huge decision for the both of them, but they knew it was the best thing to do. In the meantime, Cameron also was placing a restraining order on his dad, quoting physical and verbal abuse as the main cause. As much as I'd love to see Cameron and his father get along, I am not oblivious to the fact that Robert is dangerous, and very unstable. Although society has put pressure and stereotypes on teenage guys that they have to be all tough and afraid of nothing, Cameron was never one to conform to society. And we all knew in any case where Robert would approach Cameron and God forbid, would have bad intensions, than the only the only form of protection and help from that moment on would be by Allah and the law. The fact is that his dad is a horrible man and no one can really know what he'd be willing to do in order to get what he wants. With that being said, Cameron had also taken his sister and mom into precaution and had filed restraining orders for them to.