stars

"uuh and...that one?" asked Katara with her wide eyes on the night sky

Katara and Aang were trying to tidy the mess that was in the temple of the island...they moved nearly two days ago and the rooms were full of boxes and random things that needed a place to stay...they were supposed to tidy that mess now...but the stars were beautiful and they needed a break from all that stress.

"that is the ursa major" Aang pointed to the constellation right above them

"thats beautiful...I like it" she smiled, then she turned to him

"how do you know all of this stuff about the stars?"

"Monk Gyatso" he slowly said...his tone a nostalgic one.

"he said that if I wanted to live dominate the sky I had to know it like nobody else...so when everybody was sleeping we went outside and explained to me all this stuff"

"he was an awesome man" breathed her...looking at the sky

"I wish someone taught me these things as a kid..." her smile sligtly faded as she looked down

Aang frowned, Katara never lived a normal life as a child...hiding from the fire nation and taking care of her brother she never experienced what being free and childish felt like.

"youre learning them now, and knowing you...youll probably get better than me at remembering them" she smiled hearing his words and took his hand...while her gaze fell on the sky once again

"and Ill teach them to our child" she dreamily said...then widened her eyes

"yeah..." then Aangs eyes widened as well as he tried to realize what his wife just said

"wait. what you just said?"

Katara gulped "I said that the stars are beautiful"

"umm...no after that"

"that I wanted to learn these things as a kid..."

"Aang frowned, trying to remember her words "It was after that too"

"I said that Ill teach them to our child" her eyes widened as the words slipped out of her mouth one more time...she suddenly squeezed her eyes closed and took a deep breath.

"our child" repeated Aang

"our child" breathed Katara

"because...we have a child." realized Aang, his face blank

"we have child, yes." she confirmed and covered her face with her shaky hands

then Aang did the last thing she expected...his features revealed the widest smile she ever saw and he fastly sat up, then placed himself in front of her...sitting on the soft ground.

Katara was confused by his behavior but slowly sat up as well, once she was in front of him...

...she captured her in a crushing hug...the most tight shes ever felt in her life, but it wasnt an unpleasant tightness...she felt warm and love in that hug.

"our child!" he almost screamed, she gave a sigh of relief and held back a chuckle, then he pulled away...his hands on her shoulders.

he looked at her and his gaze slowly fell on her flat stomach, he then hugged her another time.

she knew he was feeling at least 78 emotions at the same time...if they were good or bad she didnt know.

after he pulled way...he got up and it almost seemed he was containg himself to fly up 20 metres up in sky, he gave her his hand and she got up as well...after letting out a heartly laugh he hugged her one more time.

Katara felt his excitement affecting her...she found herself chuckling in his shoulder...he pulled away once again.

"I- you- spirits-" he found himself without words to say

Aang closed his eyes then said

"wow."

"wow..." said Katara as well...a huge smile on her face

"are you-"

"im 100% sure" she slightly looked down sweetly smiling

"Im- Im happy" Aang sighed letting the words out

Katara laughed "I- I can see that" she began holding her arms tight on her abdomen...slightly rubbing their sides...like if she was trying to warm herself up.

"are you cold? I can-"

she looked at him "calm down, Im okay...I was just so nervous" she looked down, holding back a smile thinking about her silly worries.

he picked her hands in his "you know you can tell me anything...and- and especially...this stuff" he blushed childishly

Katara smiled at him "I know I know...its just...it wasnt planned" she sighed

"so what?" he widely smiled "I didnt planned on meeting you and it was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me...and so is going to be this baby"

His entusiasm made her smile "guess youre right"

she was going to sit down again but he interrupted her.

"but youre freezing, so were going inside"

"I said Im fine! Come on its beautiful here!" she chuckled at his suddend behavior

"did you feel your hands? they feel like pure ice! the baby is gonna freeze"

"Aang it doesnt work like-" Katara tried to explain

and she was being dragged inside...guess I need to get used to this- she thought with a grin on her face.

A/N: I love this chapter sm! Hope u do too :)
leave a vote or a comment and lmk what you think!