🪵The Bridge🪵

Terran sticks his tongue out into the water fall, he laps it up like a puppy.

"Don't drink that."
Arla says as she paces the outside of the trench.

"C'mon, I'm gonna die of dehydration before we reach the map."
Terran sits on the floor, his arms crossed.

"I bet the others didn't have to face a 20 meter drop."
He says rolling his eyes.

"There has to be some way over it."
Arla says, her tone suddenly felt reassuring.

"Yeah, maybe you could throw me over."
Terran sarcastically suggests.

"I'm not opposed to the idea."
Arla says, smiling a little.

"You know that's the first time I've seen you smile."
Terran beams back at her. Yes Arla smiled very little, but when she did, it was contagious.

"Don't get used to it."
Her face once again rests at the 'trauma' position.

Terran begins to whistle a merry tune. Quietly from the other side of the waterfall voices can be heard. Arla stands alert like a meerkat.

"Shh."
She says, Terran ignores her and increases the volume of his whistle as proceeds to hum.

"Shut up!"
Spits Arla through gritted teeth, he does as she wishes and stands next to her.

From outside the cave, the sound of screaming and shouting can be heard.

The two comrades make a mad dash for the tunnel entrance, the peer out of the damp rock and into the trees.

"Remember to not leave the cave."
Says Terran putting his best protective voice on.

Through the thick shrubbery is spotted to splash of colour. The colour of clothes. People dressed in all shades of light purple and lavender. A mans voice is heard above all the shouting.

"Run!"
It calls desperately.

Arla strains her eyes to perhaps catch a glimpse of their mystery man.

Running through the tree line, his hair flowing out behind him, was the long since lost, leader of the cancers.

"It's the cancers."
Arla sprints out to catch up with them.

"Arla, what do you not understand by stay in the cave?!"
He shouts before following her.

The two of the, sprint after the fleeing Cancers. Weaving in and out of rocks and trees.

"Wait!"
Shouts Arla, speeding up.

They continue sprinting after them, but soon their footsteps grow further away and Arla stops.

"Dam it!"
She shouts kicking the ground and panting. From somewhere to their left, a twig snaps. Arla places her finger on her lips and looks at Terran. Peering into the trees, Arla removes her spear from her back holding it out defensively in front of her. In one swift movement, a bloody figure dives in and twists Arla's spear and kicks the back of her knees sending her falling to the floor, her spear is now across her neck and Terran is stood ready to fight, though he was exhausted. Arla gasps for air.

"Please."
She says to the mystery person, she identified as a man.

"Who are you."
He shouts.

"Arla."
She wheezes.

"Who do you work for, Libra, Aires?!"
The figure begins shouting.