🌳The Earthen map🌳

Charlotte walks up to the gates of Capricorn. She had brought Blaize, her best friend, along for the journey. Rhea had insisted on the, meeting at her clan. She said...

"All of the things I will need are here, and I need to prepare myself."

She had said.

"Why did we have to come all they way here?"

"Rhea insisted on it."
Says Blaize. The directions Rhea had given them to her clan where vague and unclear. Hence Blaize and Charlotte taking two wrong turns, running into a lake and entering bear den,but after a two hour long journey they finally made it to the Capricorn's home.

Charlotte steps up to the door and nocks. Immediately the doors swing open and Rhea walks out. Her hair is in a high pony tail and she has dark blue leggings on, a light blue shirt with armour plates over the top. She has a large black bag on her back.

"What did you pack, your entire clan?"
Asks Blaize.

"Haha, your so funny, as a matter of fact, it's enough clothes and food to last me, a week."
She says taking pride in her packing.

"Why?"
Questions Charlotte.

"You don't know how long we could be roughing it out here."
She states placing her hands on her hips as her clans gates close.

"Your insufferable."
Murmurs Blaize, Rhea shoots her a dark stare.

"Hey, it's not my fault you two under packed."
She flicks her hair and pushes past the two of them.

"We did pack enough, but your lousy directions lead us right into a bear den!"
Shouts Blaize chucking the map Rhea had drawn at her. It hits her head and she stops and turns around slowly.

"Excuse you, but my directions where very accurate, it's your lousy map reading that took you the wrong way."

Blaize pushes forward with her dagger in her hand. Rhea raises her fists ready to fight but Charlotte stands in between them.

"Stop it, the both of you. If we want to find that map we are going to need to work together, attempting to kill each other is going to help no one."
She says, the two girls relax and stare daggers at each other.

"Thank you."
She says as she walks past them taking the lead. They walk next to each other and whisper.

"Bitch."

"Shit head."

They walk on catching up to Charlotte.

***

They had been trudging along all day. The three of them enter a small clearing in a forest. There is a circle of tall stones around the edge. Charlotte and Blaize stride in, annoyed looks painted on their faces. Rhea follows slowly after groaning.

"Will you shut up!?"
Shouts Blaize, sending a near by rabbit bounding of through the trees.

"My back is killing me!"
Rhea responds continuing her complaining.

The are about to step through the other side of the clearing when Rhea lets out her lounges groan of all. Charlotte slams her foot down.

"Right that's it! We are stopping for the night."

Rhea drops her bag to the floor and bends over her knees.

"Oh thank god."
She says.

"Thanks, I don't know how much longer I could take of her incessant moaning."
Blaize says loudly.

"Blaize, go gather some wood while me and Rhea make dinner, when you get back we'll start a fire."
Blaize nods and wanders of into the trees. Rhea stands up and stretches her back letting out a gasp.

"You know what, maybe I did pack to much."
Charlotte laughs and starts looking in her bag for food. She pulls out a tin filled with vegetable soup. She then pulls out a small pan and pulls the lid of the can, pouring the pale liquid with vegetables in it. Rhea reaches in and pulls out three bowls and spoons.

"You brought three?"
Charlotte asks.

"Yeah, I'm not completely heartless you know."
She says frowning slightly.

"I never believed you where."
Charlotte says, Rhea smiles softly and hands Charlotte the bowls. Blaize re-emerges from the trees carrying a lot of wood.

"Fire time."
She says dropping it in a small pile. Rhea strikes a match and drops it in, the wood crackles and sets alight, Charlotte places a saucepan on the fire and it slowly bubbles. The three girls smile and look at each other. Rhea pulls out three blankets handing one to each of them.

"Thanks, and sorry."
Says Blaize.

"It's alright, I'm sorry too."
She smiles at her as she sits next to Charlotte who stirs the pan, she brings the spoon to her mouth and sips it. She proceeds to take it of the fire and divide it into three bowls. She hands it to each of them and they all eat it happily.

"What's the plan for tomorrow."
Asks Rhea.

"Well I read that their may be a secret message written in ancient Zodian that can lead you to the map."
Says Charlotte taking a large gulp of the soup.

"Do either of you actually know how to read ancient Zodian."
Asks Rhea.

"I studied it at school once, vaguely but still counts."
Replies Charlotte.

They pause.

"What if we can't find it?"
Asks Blaize.

"We will."
Responds Rhea.

"We will."

They all finish their soup and lay backwards on the ground, they gaze into the many stars that hang high in the sky. They listen to the hooting of owls and the gentle breeze that made the trees sigh.

"How do you think the others are?"
Rhea asks.

"I hope their doing ok."
Replies Charlotte.

All of the, drift of to sleep. I can't say the same for Terran and Arla...

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
How is your day going?

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — How is your day going?