🧗‍♀️The tower🧗

Alvaro and Cali trudged on. Their horses hooves the only sound on the warm floor. They made their way through the burning forest, a magical group of trees that seemed to blaze with light and heat. The tower grew ever closer as they continued on their journey.

"C'mon I want to get there before nightfall and at the rate we're going, it'll be 12 o'clock before we reach the map."
Says Cali, pulling her horses reigns so it goes faster.

Alvaro rolls his eyes and picks up his pace as well. He gazes at the stars that twinkle in the sky. He closes his eyes and breaths in the peaceful night.

"What a world we live in."
He says. Alvaro had often looked to the skies. Since he banished his parents he found looking out into the stars and the possibilities of other galaxies was better than looking down and facing his burning truth. That he was alone.

"Yeah, this wouldn't be an entirely terrible place to live if the Scorpios treated us as equals."
Cali says distaste in her tone.

Alvaro's smile drops. If you could immerse yourself completely into the stars, give yourself entirely to space, you could forget just how terrible your world really was.

***
After another 45 minutes of cantering they reach the base of the hill the tower sits upon.

"We made it."
Says Calida, she dismounts her horse and runs up the hill, Alvaro follows her patting his horse and thanking him in ancient Zodian before running. When he finally reaches her she is stood gazing down, her face glows bright orange.

"What is it?"
Asks Alvaro.

"They said nothing about lava."
Says Cali.

Alvaro follows her gaze to a river of lava that surrounds the tower. It blazes hot and red. It bubbles like a fresh broth, simmers like a stew.

"Maybe it's not that hot?"
Questions Calida.

"Are you joking?"
Says Alvaro, the sheer heat of the lava stings his eyes, burns his face. He steps back away from the warmth.

"What do we do now?"
He asks.

Calida doesn't respond, she searches around for a possible way to get over this boiling pit. She begins to March around the edge hunting for something. Anything. She ends up running in a full circle back to Alvaro, who peers up and the tall tower. She shouts.

"Dam it!"
Before throwing a rock onto to the tower 's wall. She turns away before a loud clunking is sounded. Spinning quickly on her heals, she looks at the source of the sound. A door had opened on the other side, it lead to a staircase that twisted up the tower.

"Look."
Alvaro points and golden targets lined up the outside of the tower, five of them in total, reach half way up the wall.

Avaro reaches down and picks up and picks up another stone, he throws it at the second target up, another loud clink is sounded and a stone pedestal emerges a meter from the door way.

"Is this some kind of game?"
Cali asks, slightly laughing at the fact the ancient Zodian's decided the fate of the sacred map on target practice.

"The most important game of our lives."
Alvaro says a Saturn look plastered on his face.

"Then let's play."
Calida says picking up another rock and slinging it at the tower...

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Sorry it's short, I've been a bit busy today 😂