⬇️The tunnel⬇️

Charlottes eyes blink open, the morning sun danced on her face as the golden light seeped through the canopy. She runs the sleep of her face and sits up, she looks around spotting Blaize completely covered by her blanket and Rhea delicately lead on her back, both in a deep sleep. Charlotte stands up and dusts the dry leaves from her leggings. She walks to the centre of the clearing and looks around.

That's when she spots the ruins carved into seven larger stones circling the tree line. She walks up to of them and touches the symbol. She lightly traces it with her finger and whispers.

"Seek."

She looks around at the other rocks, they hadn't been clear at night but now that the sun is shining they are crystal clear. She points to the next one along.

"Here."

She looks around at all the symbols reading them out as she does so.

"Lies, the, map, you, seek, here."

She looks confused then flicks her head turning in a circle to face north, she reads the symbol directly in front of her.

"Here."
She turns slightly.

"Lies"

"The map."

"You."

"Seek."

She reads out every symbol as she turns in a circle. She looks down slowly at the centre of the clearing where their fire pit had been. She bends down and quickly pushes away the logs that still held a slight heat. She scratches through the ashes to reveal a small stone engraved with a swirl she strokes her finger round and round.

"Reveal?"

As she reaches the centre of the spiral and pushes in. The rocks sinks into the ground and the soil starts to vibrate. Charlotte jumps up and the two other girl awake quickly,they look around dazed and confused and move backwards with Charlotte as the ground opens beneath them.

Everything stops moving and Blaize and Rhea stand up.

"What the hell did you do!?"
Says Rhea, not taking her eyes of the tunnel leading to an underground passage.

"I found the map."
She says, she was shocked herself.

"Then let's go."
Says Blaize picking up Rheas bag and passing it to her.

"How did you find it?"
Asks Rhea.

"The symbols on the stones, I couldn't see them last night but in the daylight, they say 'He lies the map you seek.' And then I found a stone and, we'll, you both saw what happened after that."
She points towards the tunnel and steps closer. Rhea grabs her arm.

"Carful we don't know what's down there, there could be danger."

"I eat danger for breakfast."
Says Blaize, pushing last them both and taking the lead.

Charlotte and Rhea look at each other.

"I just eat oatmeal."
Says Charlotte before following Blaize down.

"Since when do people eat breakfast?."
Says Rhea slinging her bag over her shoulder and following them.

***
They stride down the narrow tunnel in a single file line, Blaize leading, Charlotte in the middle, and Rhea bringing up the rear. The walls are carved with murals of animals and mountains. There are gold glowing lights tucked into holes carved into the cave walls.

"How much father?"
Whispers Charlotte, Alamo at as if it was rude to speak at normal volume.

"I don't see anything ahead."
Says Blaize picking up her pace.

"This is getting boring."
Rhea complains.

They continue to pace through the winding corridors till Blaize stops, Charlotte stops behind her and Rhea ,who was looking at the detailed wall art, runs into Charlotte. They all fall like dominos and end up sprawled on the floor.

"Owww!"
Says Charlotte, rubbing her coccyx.

Rhea is lead on her front her face squished into the floor. She spits out some dirt that comes with a splash of blood.

"Why did you stop!?"
She shouts, dusting of her cheeks.

"Why didn't you stop?"
Says Charlotte.

"Can the both of you shut up?"
Says Blaize in a dull whisper. Everyone's breaths slows and they all prick their ears and look ahead. A slight breeze blows from the end of the tunnel. It pauses for a split second, and then comes again. It slowly blows their hair, and it smells like smoked fish and sparkling water. Charlotte stands quickly and gently walks forward. She peers into the cave and her eyes widen. Rhea sits on her knees and looks at Charlotte.

"What's is it?"
She asks.

Charlotte beckons them over with a wave of her hand. They stand up and peer over her shoulder.

"Oh my god."
Exclaims Blaize.

Curled in the centre of the large cave, every so often letting out a deep heavy breath, was an abnormally large, fluffy brown bear. It was curled on the floor in a deep sleep. A deep growl was let out with each sigh.

"That's one-big bear."
Says Rhea, her voice shaky at the sight of this huge creature.

Charlotte squints her eyes to the other side of the cave, where a small open door. The other side of the door is a glowing gold light, the sparkling glow illuminates the map sat on a stone pillar in the centre of the room.

"The map."
Says Blaize, a smiling spreading across her face.

"The questions is..."
Begins Charlotte, her eyes drop down upon the bear.

"How do we get it?"

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Who is your favourite character? 😏

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — Who is your favourite character? 😏