CH-20

It wasn't rush at all in the hospital as before

It wasn't rush at all in the hospital as before. Everything was quite. The receptionist was close to dozing off but when I tapped on the counter with my knuckle she jolt up. I almost felt bad doing that.

"Good morning, mam. How can I help you?" The receptionist asked shyly. Probably embarrassed being caught sleeping on work.

"Yes. Actually I wanted to meet Dr. Byun. My name is Emma."

The receptionist gave me a form and indicated towards a door not-so-far from me. He was free fortunately. I quickly marched to it.

I knocked on the door and a high pitched voice yelling 'come-in' was heard. I pushed opened the door to meet a confused yet nervous looking Dr. Byun sitting on his chair. A pencil was tucked on his ear which he just realized as he immediately took it from there.

He motioned me to comi inside and have a seet just in front of him. He seemed to know my reason of coming here. The sweating and shivering is not helping at all.

I know Taehyung would be boiling if knew about me coming here without informing him. But I know for sure that he would have never allowed me to if I've asked him before compiling anything. I would just think of some excuse.

"So, yes, miss. How did you come here?" The doctor asked trying his best not to stutter but his eyes were telling otherwise.

"Doctor. I need you to be honest with me. I have some questions that are unanswered and I need the answers of them so bad. I know it's not what you and Taehyung had told be about his health. I know. I know that you're hiding something from me that I have all the rights to know. He would not tell me doctor. He never keeps anything from me and if he did now then it's impossible for me to know it from him. You are all that I am left with. Please, doctor. Tell me what's wrong with him?" I literally pleaded with with hands crossed.

He looked at my eyes for an answer of a question only he knew about. Once he was convinced, he agreed.

He opened the drawer to his left and picked out a file. It had Taehyung's name on it in bold letters.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung. He's mentally unstable. He's specifically suffering from lovesickness. But the hormone fluctuations associated with love and heartbreak - particularly the stress hormone cortisol - can prompt physical symptoms that affect your long-term health. Lovesickness can also make you sick indirectly. A lack of sleep, good nutrition, or adequate hydration can absolutely worsen your health.

As part of our genetics as tribal creatures, we have chemicals that make life more pleasant when we are in a relationship and less pleasant when we are separated from our beloved. And yes, anger issues. Don't forget that. It's the most frequent and common."

Jesus Christ!

"How's it treated then, doctor?" I asked. Trying to get my hands to function as they were completely numb.

"The precise treatment plan for this disorder depends on the underlying cause. However, it often involves a combination of medication and psychotherapy.

Medications can be used to adjust brain chemicals. In turn, this can reduce the symptoms of the disorder. If your loved one has possible symptoms of obsessive love disorder, you should see a doctor. They may refer you to a psychiatrist to help determine whether you truly have OLD. You may also have another mental health illness. When diagnosed and treated, OLD may have a positive outcome. The key, however, is to not quit therapy or treatment if you think you're feeling better. Suddenly stopping your treatment can worsen symptoms, or make them return."

I need my boyfriend fit and fine with me. I won't have it any other way.

🌸🌸