Chapter 35 - Flaws and all

"Stephen Vincent Strange... what the hell did you do?"

Strange was in a slight panic when you said his full name, his face paling, unable to decipher what he did wrong until you start to laugh in shock.

"This is..." sniffing the blooms, you could feel his stare on you, "what is this?"

"Do you like it?" Was all he mutters.

"Like it? I love it! This is amazing," finally in front of him, your lips were tilted with your smile. "Thank you, Stephen,"

"Anything for you," he kisses you gently, holding your hands tight.

"Did you clean this all up?" Now able to settle on the ground, he poured some wine for you. (Change this if you want)

"The cloak would strangle me if I didn't tell you he helped,"

"Well, I'll be sure to thank Cloaky,"

"It's a stupid name," Stephen reminds making you smack his shoulder in annoyance. "I'm joking," he huffs out with a grin. "To 6 months," he raised a glass.

"6 months of sappy clingy Stephen Strange,"

"And bratty bottom Y/n L/n," he adds with a smirk.

"Cheers," you wink.

~~~

The sunset was the main event. The reason for the early meeting time was all because Stephen wanted you both to watch the sun set together in the perfect moment. From then on, his suit jacket was over your shoulders, a blanket over you both and head on his chest as his was positioned on a pillow.

He happily stays in complete silence, listening to you ramble about the stars above. Passion in your voice drove him wild, mind, body and soul falling further in love.

That was just it.

He was in love.

Once it went quiet, he didn't realize his thoughts were freaking him out a little. You notice, though. Instead of words, you kiss his scars softly to calm him, cupping his face towards yours. Those grey-blue eyes were vibrant against the candle light, the blown up pupils and loving look in his eyes told you everything.

He always thought he was hard to read, but to you he was an open book.

"You don't have to say it first..." your whisper made his eyes soften.

"I want to..." he whispers back. "I don't want to wait for you to say it when I've wanted to since day one," closing his eyes and kissing your temple, Strange collected his thoughts. "Because I do love you, Y/n, I really do,"

"Then you should know I love you too, I always have, and always will," pressing your lips against his in longing, both hearts were suddenly at ease, finally able to say it out loud for all the world to hear.

"We didn't have the most glamorous beginning- nothing about this life is glamorous," he murmurs against your lips, "but... it's worth the pain and loss, because in the end I realize the only pain not worth it, is the loss of you,"

"I don't think I'd be able to top that," you chuckle.

"Exactly," Stephen pokes your nose before pulling you closer. "I'll always love you,"

"Flaws, scars and all?" You quip with a playful look.

"Every flaw... because it's only a scar after all,"

~~~

Short ending but an ending nonetheless!

Until the next book!

- Anna ❤️