Chapter 24 - Chrissy

"Team A in," Tony whispers into his cuff-links while combing his hair back after being able to pass through the metal detector without any trouble.

"Yeah, we can kinda tell, Stark," Stephen graciously took a glass of champagne from a waiter—Vision in disguise. "Any eyes on the target?"

"Still by the buffet table," Clint mumbles, from the vents. His eyes peered through and down into the golden ballroom.

Renaissance depictions line the roof, restored over and over throughout the centuries as the chandelier shines its new gems. Dancing guests glide across the room with high pitch laughs, light and polite whilst gloved hands wrap around thin drink glasses, designs creeping up the stems.

"Keep an eye on him and wait for the others to move in," Stephen turns around to walk away only to bump right into someone. "Sorry," he immediately bent down to grab her purse for her.

"Stephen?"

"Christine?" He replies in shock, meeting her eyes.

"Christine?" The team says in confusion; you and Anna meeting eyes while waiting in the back alley of the kitchen.

"What... uhm, what are you doing here?" Stephen seemed utterly star struck, admiring her gorgeous attire and bright gleaming smile.

"I was invited, what are you doing here?"

"Don't say anything," Steve orders.

"I was as well, Gordon invited me,"

"Gordon?" She chuckles in confusion. "Let me guess, another one of your high in power friends?" Christine saw his small shrug and laughs a little louder, holding her hand up to stifle it.

"How have you been?"

"Strange, stay focused," Sam urged. "Target is on the move-" but despite the order, Stephen turned his earpiece off to talk.

"Y/n," Anna saw the dark look pass your eyes, reflections of the ballroom CCTV reflecting in your e/c eyes.

"He turned his fucking earpiece off," Bucky groans. "Someone move in,"

"Y/n," Anna snaps you out of your thoughts. One single look shared made you understand. "Go get 'em, tiger,"

"I'm on it," you reply to the team, taking off your waiter disguise and modifying.

~~~

When Anna was able to override Stephen's earpiece she coughs lightly to grab his attention. "Don't worry, Y/n's doing your job,"

"Y/n?" Strange looked up as Christine did as well, repeating his words. The two looked to the entrance which you emerge from, your coat being handed over to the nearest person while you push your hair back, stepping down the marble steps while adjusting your suit jacket sleeves.

"Is that... Y/n?" Christine blinked in surprise, watched as you strut through the crowd, heels clicking and making heads turn. The blazer was clasped closed and it was for a good reason considering it was hard to tell if you wore anything under that. Hugging your figure just right, you revel in the looks of surprise, suit contrasting with the other women's gowns.

"It is..." Stephen was finally able to form his words.

"I got eyes on him," widening your smirk just slightly with each step towards the target. You catch sight of the sorcerer, passing by, eyeing him up and down before continuing. "Say hi to Christine for me, Doc," you cough into your sleeve.

"Yeah, I'd let her top me," Anna sighs out for everyone to hear.

"Really, Anna?" Thor sighs into his sleeve.

"Hey! You'd all let her step on you, don't even deny it," she scoffs before taking another bite of her sandwich.

"I can still hear you," you hum inconspicuously.

"Good,"

Holding back a small laugh, you take a glass from Sam's tray as well as the device from his palm which was slipped in from the kitchen. Chocolate puffs and purple glazed cakes were one focus, the other was bumping into the target as smoothly as possible.

"Oh, sorry," you laugh, placing a hand on him, the small chip sticking under his arm.

"No worries, princess," he grins with his fake white teeth, the dye job of his greying hair lazy and not flattering with the grease like gel. He was dubbed a silver fox among Hydra; you were bewildered as to why.

"Don't mind me," taking a puff pastry, and walking away you scoff into the microphone. "Well he somehow made the princess pet name gross as well as the term silver fox... he looks like a silver goose, I mean, dude fix up your facial hair, damn,"

"Yeah, yeah, deal with your praise kink crisis later," Tony rolls his eyes. "I need you to stay with Strange and get ready for the bug to shut down the machine before we move in,"

"Got it," saluting across the room to Stark, you make your way over. "And what is my excuse?" You ask.

"If Miss Palmer is no threat, you can go ahead and say, but not exactly why," Steve hums with reason.

"Steve-o, are you disobeying your own orders?" You taunt the soldier. "Hey, Chrissy," reaching the two doctors, the woman was first to greet you.

"What are you doing here, N/n?" She laughs. "I missed you so much,"

"I've missed you too, but we're allowed to discard our excuses," you hug her back just as tight, ignoring the sorcerer completely.

"Excuses?"

"Well, you know your little boy toy is a magician," you patter your fingers out to Stephen who's jaw clenched. "Call me the original," you scrunch your face up in a smile as she drops her jaw.

"You too?"

"Long story, so let's get you a little further away from the stage before something-" before you could lead her away, a large explosion rung out from said stage. Rubble raining down against the crowd as well as the screams of fear. "No time for the story," you look back and summon your suit on while hitting your fist together twice to create a large shield.

"Move in!" Steve yells, everyone doing as told immediately.

~~~

Extra chapter because I wanted more comments from TheRegulusBlac and RavenInATavern

- Anna ❤️