Chapter 4 - Cloaky

Later that evening, you stopped everything you were doing and sat on the window bench, the plush cushion you bought still in its plastic cover as your legs curled up against your chest to watch the hues glow. Breeze drifted leaves along the concrete below, collecting old newspaper to journey them along the night streets. Just cracking open the window, the same wind chills your skin lightly making you smile, letting your finger dance gracefully beyond the sill.

Suddenly, alongside an orange spark, a note appears saying take out had arrived, you were quick to put on a jumper. Reluctant to be in the same room as the pompous sorcerer you hope you would be able to sneak away with your food back to your room. However, your mood was rained on when your door opened as the one across did.

Remember how Wong said Strange's room was across the sanctum from you? He mixed up sides that late night... and the words sanctum and hall.

"Wonderful," Stephen was the first to speak up, walking away down the hall.

"Wonderful," you mimic behind his back, watching his hands stuff into his sweatpants pockets. Instead of walking, you open a portal into the kitchen and appear next to Wong who was plating everything. "Thanks, Wong, you're a doll," you grab a plate and pile it with food before reopening the portal.

"No, no," he grabbed your collar and pulled you back. "You eat here,"

"What??" You gape at his sudden rule as Stephen snickers. "Shut up, douchebag,"

"Sit down at the table, Y/n,"

"Wong!" You whine. "Come on, man, I have shit to do,"

"Like?" He asks expectantly.

"Like be anywhere but near him," your gesture to Strange made the book keeper deadpan.

"Sit,"

"Fine," pulling back a chair and sitting with one leg bent to your chest, you start to you poke your food like a moody teen.

"Leg down, Y/n, be polite," Wong scold again.

"If I wanted to be lectured I would have stayed in the tower, at least there I can piss Cap off with Tony's help,"

"Then go ahead, we won't miss you," Strange scoffs making you glare to the sorcerer across the table.

~~~

Dark corridors twisted throughout the sanctum like a labyrinth of mysteries. The past few days of dealing with settling in while avoiding Strange was taking a strain as you had confine yourself to your room. Of course you had gotten paperwork done for a few files Maria had sent as well as dealt with some of SHIELD's incompetent workers. For now you decided to explore your new home, despite the unknown length of your stay.

Stephen had left with Wong to deal with something you couldn't be bothered listening to; not a mission or anything requiring magic so they left the cloak here to more so keep an eye on you.

Wherever that relic was didn't matter because its presence wasn't needed. Music flowed through your headphones, filling the silence. Suddenly with two taps against your shoulder, you grabbed the assailant's- non-existent neck? Looking to the intruder, it was just the cloak.

"Scared the shit out of me, Cloaky," you watch its collar tilt. "It's a nickname... you like it?"

Two nods made you smile as it starts to prod at you, a laugh emitting from your lips. It tries to grab your headphones which you pull away.

"Want to listen to some music? Do you even have ears?"

It shrugs nonetheless as you disconnect said headphones to then play it aloud. The ends of the fabric started to point to the phone, skipping each song until it landed on Doctor You by DNCE.

"A DNCE fan, huh? We'll be good friends," placing your phone in your pocket, you start to venture down the hall with it, Cloaky opening doors for you.

From hall to hall, one of the most interesting was the gateways into different terrain. Most relics bored you, not moving in the slightest or causing any reaction to your presence.

"You're gonna need, need a real good doctor," spinning around you see the cloak wiggling around, dancing its little non-existent heart out. "Aw, look at you go!"

It flew over and grabbed your phone to change the song again; Kiwi by Harry Styles.

"You have good taste, my fabric fellow," It rolls its collar in a sarcastic manner. "Fair enough. Good thing I know this song," you point to it just as the sanctum opened its door to a bickering pair of sorcerers.

"I worked my way through a cheap pack of cigarettes," you grab the ends of the cloak and dance lightly down the halls, changing the lyrics. "Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect, and all the boys, they were saying they were into it," tapping your foot to the beat, Wong stops for a moment as Stephen heard the music flow from the right side of the sanctum.

"Y/n has quite a taste in music,"

The cloak starts to flow down the hall as you belted out, "I'm driving him crazy!" Sliding across the floor, the cloak caught you before you fell and held you as you dipped down with one leg up. "But he's into it, but he's into, he's kinda into it," pushing your hair back, you sway your head side to side with the beat.

"Y/n!" Wong yells over the blasting music making your eyes open, your body hitting the ground with a thud.

"Ow... thanks, Cloaky," rubbing the sore spot on your head, one simple jump to your feet let you greet the men. "You're back sooner than expected,"

"Didn't want to leave a child unsupervised for too long," Stephen scorns.

"Is that why Wong had to accompany you?" Your innocent tone threw them both off. Wong laughs lightly, pursing his lips as much as he could to stop the noise as Cloaky raised its ends to its collar. "I'm going to make dinner tonight, and therefore you may eat where you like,"

"That's fair," Wong raises both hands defensively, the two watching you walk away, Strange's glare digging deep into the back of your head, filled with annoyance and hate.

~~~

:D

- Anna ❤️