Chapter 18 - Fear for your life

Natasha walked with the teens through the large house nonchalantly as Peter held MJ and Ned's hands to comfort them. In seconds the silence was filled with Ned's scream as a spider fell on the ground. "Kill it!"

"What?! Why?! You saw it first!" Peter pushes his friend.

"You're spider-man! Talk to it or something!"

"That's Mr. Ant-man's thing!" Peter hid behind MJ who sighs, shooing the arachnid away without touching it. "Phew, dealt with that like a champ,"

"Prince charming," MJ hums as Nat rolls her eyes. A loud crash startled the group, source down the dark hall. "Time to shine," MJ pushes Peter forward.

"Shine behind me," Nat went to grab her blade only to feel it gone. "Hell," scowl along her face, she approaches the broom closet where the ruckus arose from. "Spirit or actor, I want you to come with your hands above your head," Nat readies her stance in front of the closet. Peter follows and stands beside her, kicking the door open as the other two teens peered in.

~~~

"What in god's name?" You enter a small parlor where you and Stephen heard music seeping from. Classical, soothing, soft, luring. At last there was some hope as a single flame was lit upon a piano, keys pressed down with each note.

"Don't worry, it's just one of those electrical pianos that make it look like someone's playing," Stephen placed a hand on your shoulder before taking an unlit candle to ignite from the given flame. Once he looked back, the room had expanded beyond what was possible, the roof meters higher than it was before as a chandelier hung.

~~~

"FUCK THAT!" Nat screams, hauling the teens with her towards the exit. The soldiers all stared wide eyed as their usually more calm and collected best friend ran out in terror.

"We're fucked," Bucky admits, coming to terms. "It's been an hour and our guard dog is gone,"

"I want that damn money, Buck," Sam threatens. "Let's deal with whatever scared them," Sam pushed Steve forward. "Go ahead, I'm not being added to the statistic,"

~~~

"L/n?" Strange's voice became worried in less than a second, his body finally facing a large stage, a woman stood at the center of the gala room's main dance floor, hands held in front of her, back faced to him. The h/l h/c hair striking familiarity.

"Thank you for inviting me," the sweet tone in your voice made him step back. "I think I almost forgive you," as you tilt your head up with a laugh, Stephen let his shoes echo against the stained wood floor, looking down to see the suit and bow-tie.

"L/n- Y/n? What is this?"

"The dinner? Don't you remember? You said you wanted to make it up for what you said by inviting me," holding your hand out, for him to take, your face finally met him. There was a heavenly glow and almost blur around your features as he placed his hand in yours.

"What... happened?" He saw the missing scars on his hand, and fear washed over. Fear. "That- I had scars... there- right there on my hands,"

"You're acting strange, no pun intended," you tilt your head. "Your hands never had scars, Stephen, are you feeling alright?"

"Uhm... I think so?" Darting his gaze around, he landed it back on you.

"Dance with me? We can't end the night without a dance," you put both arms around his neck, running hands through each lock with eyes staring back at him. "Maybe I'll fully forgive you~"

Stephen took a good look into your fuzzed eyes, somehow everything was glowing like a blinding light. Cold skin, icy cold skin brushed against his features, each small caress from your fingers, his eyes sealed shut as he tried to figure out what was going on. "Y/n," he moved his hand onto yours, holding it tight.

~~~

"Where exactly did you find the flyer for this place?" Bruce asks Tony as they ventured down into the basement. In Mr. 7 PHD's hand was a lit candle they had found on the ground, leading the way for hopefully more.

"Turned up on my desk one morning, nothing else,"

"And you thought that wasn't suspicious?" Thor asked in disbelief.

"I was sleep deprived, running on three cups of coffee and a granola bar,"

"The granola bar is new," Bruce shrugs, spinning to the corner when he saw a shadow pass. "What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That-" the scientist raises a shaking finger to the corner.

~~~

When a gust of wind hit your face roughly, eyes opened to see the same kitchen from before. "You'll be fine, I'll make sure of that," Deja vu hit you like a truck in this very moment.

"Strange, we've done this before,"

"Don't think so, or I'd remember," he squints an eye, the blue a striking hue. "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

"When... did you start calling me sweetheart?"

"Since I knew it'd annoy you," his other hand placed itself on your waist. "As does a few other things, princess,"

Inhaling sharply, you could feel every nerve in your body spike along with the butterflies in your chest. "Strange," you whisper in confusion.

"No, I don't think it is," he laughs, sliding his hand down your thigh then back to your waist.

"What are you doing?" Fatigued thoughts, your eyes were fluttering shut with a rising lust in the back of your head.

"What I always do when I get time alone with you, my darling,"

~~~

"What was that?" Wanda jumped and flushed her back against Vision who held his hands out, the two circling in spot..

"I don't know... should we check it out? Despite the chance for immediate death,"

"Good idea, really optimistic too," she shakes her head, pushing open the nearest door and laying eyes on an open guest bedroom right out the 60s, bathroom lights streaming out.

"Wanda?"

"Vis... aren't the lights meant to be out?" She looks into the dark hall then back into the fully functioning room.

"They should be..." he holds her hand tight, peering into the bathroom. All red drained from his face as Wanda clasped a hand over her mouth.

~~~

Idk if I should tell you what they all saw

Should I???

- Anna ❤️