Chapter 16 - Strange inspired

"You have got to be shitting me," holding up the costume you drop it at your feet and scream out, "WANDA MAXIMOFF!"

"She's fine," Wanda pats Strange's shoulder as he placed candy in a bowl.

"Is she really?" Stephen asks with worry, adjusting his vampire fangs.

"GET IN YOUR COSTUME, Y/N!" Anna yells back which was then followed by a loud whine and a few stomps against the ground.

"Guess that's confirmation she's a brat in the bedroom," Nat coughs making Strange blink a few times, ignoring the comment best he could.

"I am not going out like this," you call from the second floor.

"Be a good girl and get down here," Nat says simply.

"Not gonna work this time!"

"This time?" Anna turns to the readers.

"Strange, get her down here," Wanda says simply making him shake his head.

"I'm not part of this," he walks to the front to place the bowl on the porch, just catching sight of you, and if it wasn't for the cloak then candy would cover the ground.

"Can you believe them?" You grumble, slightly nervous from his frozen stance. "Does it look bad?" You gesture down to the costume awkwardly. It wasn't a traditional nurse Halloween costume, not the kind found at party city. It was more like Hailey Bieber's nurse costume but less latex/vinyl.

"Nope," he breathes out, unable to move until the cloak tugs his hair. "Ow! Hey- alright," he opens the door and casts a small spell: 'One candy per person' a note formed.

"Seriously? You're going to be that type of person?" You peer out, seeing the spell cast over.

"Yes, or else there won't be enough candy,"

"And what happened to the bottomless bowl spell?" You cross your arms as he rolls his eyes, keeping them on your face as much as possible.

"I thought you were concerned about health, L/n,"

"Only yours considering how you only eat when I either drag you from studying or Cloaky does it for me," grabbing the bowl you reverse the spell and mimic Strange's refill spell.

"Thought you didn't know how to do that?"

"I was just never bothered to," you place it back down and spin to him. "Douchebag,"

"Idiot," he counters with a smirk. "Come on, you three, we'll be late," Strange calls to the other three who quickly exit the sanctum.

Wanda was a Sokovian fortune teller while Nat was a mad scientist and Anna resorted to wearing an all-black suit but paired with a crown because Natasha forgot last minute.

"Banner inspired?" Anna whispers about Nat's costume which you wink back to as confirmation. "Lazy Loki inspired," they then turn to Nat who smiles smugly.

"And Strange inspired," Wanda whispers to the other two, Stephen just catching it while you quickly rushed to unlock your car, getting in just before the rain decided to start pouring.

"Seriously?" He looks at the others.

"Is that a complaint?" Wanda's question was immediately dismissed as he got in the passenger seat of your car. Anna high fives the girls while holding back a snicker, pursing their lips tightly.

~~~

By the time everyone was at the house rain was starting to drizzle from above. A crack of lightning clashed along the clouded sky and howling winds sending chills through each person. The towering rotten wood seemed to sway with the wind, almost leaning forward to engulf the team from its spot on the elevated land. Gates, rusted away with time, had its tips eaten into blunt ends while the connections fell apart.