Chapter 15

I swipe the card and run under the camera, once again. Waiting for it to turn to the lock up so I can run down the hall, get to the staircase, run down the stairs, place the ID back on the guard's desk before she gets back and leave this hell hole that brings back so many memories.

...

Now.

I sprint down the long hallway but I fear that I've not been quick enough. Still running, I turn my head and look back at the camera which has almost caught sight of me.

I turn my head back to where I was running, only to skid to a halt right in front of a man who's holding a gun to my head.

I stare wide-eyed up at the man that points his gun at the middle of my forehead. Obviously, because he is capable of killing me in any given second, I'm scared. But what took me by surprise is how attractive he is. His green eyes that stared at me in confusion and suspicion, his short dark blond (light brown) hair and his tall, muscular frame hidden underneath his black suit. He's hot.

"Who are you?" His gruff voice asked, breaking me from my trance.

I clear my throat and stand straight, gaining all the composure and strength I can muster. It takes an awful lot of willpower to not run away from his beauty... and gun.

"I could ask you the same question" I reply accusingly.

He quirks an eyebrow at me before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet, flipping it open to reveal an FBI badge. "Agent Smith." He introduces before quickly stuffing his wallet back in his pocket, gun still pointing at my forehead.

I stare at him for a moment before laughter escapes my mouth (like I said before, I have no will to live anyway).

"Really?. You're gonna try the fake ID trick on me?," His fear of being caught and confusion of how I know shows clearly on his face and I can't help but laugh even more.

"C'mon dude! You can't pull that kind of stuff on me! I basically invented that!" I continue my laughing fit.

"Hey! Let's not forget who's got the gun here" He raises his voice and I immediately stop laughing.

"How do you know it's fake?" He asks angrily, completely giving up on his FBI act but still pointing his gun at me.

"Because FBI agents have to have a blue identification card next to their badge at all times, also agents aren't allowed to flaunt or use their badges or identification outside of the precinct, this is an NYPD precinct, not FBI. Another giveaway is the fact that FBI agents are given a special kind of wallet to put Badges and critical ID in. What's yours? Jack Wills?" I ask with a smirk.

"And come on. Smith? You decide to go with the most cliche, big bad cop surname?" I shrug and wait for his reaction.

Surprisingly, he just scoffs and places his gun in the back of his belt, hidden by his suit jacket.

"Touche kid", I sigh in relief at the sight of his gun being tucked away.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, standing firmly in front of me, clearly not going to let me past until he's finished questioning me. Cop or not.

"Stealing back my keys from evidence lockup. They took them when my uncle was arrested." I answer, mentally praising myself for the believable lie. He wouldn't have believed me if I told him I wasn't doing anything illegal. "What about you?" I ask, trying to keep the spotlight off me.

"Trying to get to the bottom of a few unexplained murders " He replies before looking at his watch and then to (what I presume is) the security camera behind us.

"I've been there," I say, reminiscing the good old days.

He looks at me weirdly. Scanning me from head to toe. Silently judging whether or not to kill me probably.

He relaxes his pose a bit before speaking again,

"I like you." He simply states. "Follow me" He turns and heads down the corridor towards the staircase.

Not having much choice and not wanting to anger the man into using his gun, I follow.

"My brother is waiting for me outside in a getaway car. He hacked the cameras to erase the last half hour of footage." We reach the bottom of the stairs and he turns to me.

"You're on your own from here," He says before reaching into his pocket and handing me a piece of paper, which I hesitantly accept. "My brother and I will be in town for the next few days, I don't believe in coincidences. I have a feeling we came in here for the same reason."

"You know?" I ask skeptically.

"I know more than you can possibly imagine." He says vaguely, looking down at me. "People like us... humans  like us, we need to stick together. Look out for each other, " He finishes by walking out of the stairwell door and out the entrance to the precinct.

I look down at the piece of paper and recognize it to be a phone number and a scribbled name on top, the handwriting is really messy though...

"Dean Winchester?"

***************************************************************************************