Chapter 7

Alecs POV"Where are we going?" I ask Luke.Ever since I called him, telling him that Stiles was unconscious and where we were, he insisted on coming to pick us up.I would've declined a ride from the werewolf but unfortunately, when everybody found out Stiles had been found and was with me they called off the search and was currently worrying about the other annoying mundane, the one with the glasses. Sid? Stewart? Whatever his name is, apparently he's transitioning into a vampire."Stiles is going to be staying with me from now on until he goes home again," He stated. Keeping a firm grip on the wheel.I look at the backseat and down on the boy who's currently occupying the back three spaces with his passed out body."I'm coming with," I say, turning back to him "I need to speak with him when he wakes" I state, leaving no room for discussion.I see him frown. Probably at the thought of having me over at his house. It's not like I want to go there but I'd much rather watch over this annoying mundane than the other one, Sim? Simmy?... Si-something.I sigh and return my eyes towards the dark road, illuminated by street lights.********************************************Stiles' POVIt was dark, pitch black. I had no sense of direction as I ran aimlessly in the never-ending darkness. All I could hear was my footsteps and my heavy breathing. Nothing else. Am I dead?I hear a whisper coming from my left, but it went as soon as I turned around."Your fault" I heard a whisper say."It's all your fault" I hear again, this time coming from my right. I turn in frustration."Who's there?" I call out, not knowing what to expect."It's all your fault" I hear again, this time not in a whisper but in a clear voice. One I thought I would never hear ever again."Dad?" I ask. I could feel the tears running down my face. I can hear him, my dad. But I still can't see shit."It's all your fault!" He screams, voice booming through the infinitive darkness.Soon, more and more of my dads voices were shouting the same thing "It's all your fault."Trapped in the dark, I run away but the voice seems to be everywhere. "It's all your fault" they scream.I tire of running and crawl into a ball on the floor crying as the voices continue to scream at me."I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" I repeat over and over.Until... they stop. I bring my head up from my knees and saw him... my dad.He was there... in the distance, staring at me. Motionless.Then I hear a loud roar and a transformed wolf/hybrid thingy is running towards my dad from his left. "DAD! DAD RUN! DA-" I get up and start running towards him but I'm not getting closer... I'm running  but not moving.I watch as the creature pounces on my dad and start biting him and viciously tearing off pieces of his body."NO" I scream. Shooting up from my position on some sort of.. bed?I scream frantically at the feeling of someone putting their arms around my chest from my behind and pulling me back down, I grab at their arms and thrust around trying to escape them."It was just a nightmare Stiles, you're okay, you're okay" they repeated until I eventually stopped struggling and leaned all my weight on the strong figure behind me.I look around and take in my surroundings, I don't know this place.I continue to hyperventilate."Breathe Stiles, breathe" I hear the relaxing tone.I try my best and soon enough my breathing isn't as erratic."Where am I?" I think out loud. "Lukes house, he wants you to stay with him." The voice says. My mind isn't awake enough yet to determine who it is. Whoever it is though, their arms are still wrapped around me.I look down at said muscular arms and notice the distinct runes of a shadowhunter.The events of the night hit me like a ton of bricks and I'm suddenly realizing exactly who it is that's holding me in such a vulnerable position. Like, Alecs totally strong, he could snap my neck right now if he wanted to.A deep chuckle vibrates onto my back which is still leaning against Alec's chest."I said that out loud didn't I?" I ask. He chuckles a bit more. I huff in annoyance.Then there's silence and it grows eery, like my nightmare. Without realising it I start to hyperventilate at the thought of my nightmare and the vulnerable position I'm still in."I'm not going to hurt you Stiles," Alec says, noticing my breathing change. "Then why are you still holding me?" I ask, voice breaking halfway through, my throat hurts. I was probably screaming in my sleep as well."Do you want me to let go?" He asks curiously.I hesitate. Do I want him to let go?"..No" I answer quietly."Good," He says smugly. I turn my head and come face to face with him for the first time since I woke up, "Because I wasn't planning on letting go until you were definitely not going to have another panic attack." He said with a wide smile.I smile back, I mean who couldn't? I'd never seen him smile before and it was... beautiful and contagious."Wow," I say, turning my head back to its original position staring at the door. "You should smile more often" I speak. "It lets me know you have emotions!" I state.He snorts. "I could say the same about you" He states lowly.Shit. He knows. he knows. he knows.  "What are you on about? I smile and show emotions all the time" I defend. Sounding more squeaky than I would've like to."Not genuine ones." He argues.Now it's my turn to snort."I'm a very genuine person," I say matter-of-factly."That's a lie" "I'm an open book" I retort."Maybe," he starts "But I'm reading between the lines. Where no one else is looking".I swallow the lump in my throat and try not to let him past the walls I've stacked so high."I don't know what you're on about" I deflect lamely.I suddenly feel the urge to unwrap his arms from around my chest and run... but part of me wants to stay. Part of me wants him to know about all my problems."Stiles, you look like death" I wince "and you've had two panic attacks... that I know about." I swallow nervously "And you just screamed yourself awake." He finishes in a more serious tone.Wow. I really am not good at hiding things."I look like death because I haven't slept properly in ages, I only get panic attacks when I'm tired, That's it" I lie easily " I get bad nightmares and terrors when I'm stressed." That's also a lie.I get them all the time these days.I hear him huff in defeat. "Why do you care anyway?" I ask.He hesitates and loosens his arms a bit before tightening them again."I.. don't know. I just do ." He says.Silence filled the room.And before I know it, I'm falling asleep on top of Alec's chest, his arms wrapped around me and his heartbeat in my ears.I didn't have a single negative thought enter my dreams.