Chapter 6

Stiles POV

Oh.

Well, that was fairly easy. I thought I would have to go on a massive hunt for Luke.

Looking around, I'm suddenly very aware of everyone staring at me. And Luke in a state of confusion to who I could be.

That's a no on remembering me then.

"So," I start, trying to break the ever-growing tension. 

There must be at lease twenty intimidating-looking people in this restaurant all staring at me ready to pounce any second.

"The past, the present and the future" even I can feel my hand gestures getting too much, but I can't help it, I'm under pressure. "walk into a bar" I look around to everyone and make them wait for the punch line. "It was tense." I finish with a small nod.

.....

Silence.

"Wow. you guys should work on your humor," I point to them all, earning some glares and... snarls?  "Honestly, that's one of my best jokes."

Failing to get a reaction out of anyone I sigh and decide to just address Luke and hopefully, he remembers me.

I turn and face Luke, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Come on Luke," He looks surprised for a moment "You used to laugh at that one when I was a kid!" And suddenly, all signs of suspicion is gone, replaced with recognition.

"Stiles!" He exclaims, with a huge smile, walking towards me and hugging me tightly.

Pulling back he grabs my two shoulders and looks me up and down.

"I almost didn't recognize you there" 

"You didn't" I raise an eyebrow.

"You have changed... a lot" He argues. Emphasizing the 'a lot'.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt" I reason.

He just laughs and guides me over to a booth and sits me down, sitting across from me.

Soon, everyone is back to chatting and getting on with their conversations, sparing the occasional glance at me.

"So..." Luke starts "What brings you to New York? How did you know where to find me by the way?" He asks, curiously.

"I'm here on a vacation, schools been rough" It's not a lie but it's not the full truth, "And it wasn't that hard to find you." I finish, as convincingly as possible.

"I'm glad you're here.." He lies.

I know he knows.

"Okay, no more bullshit Lucas," I start, he raises his eyebrow, intrigued, "I know you know".

He leans forward onto the table, I mimic his movements and our faces are inches away. I would find this weird if it was anyone else, but this is Luke, I knew him since I was a kid so this isn't weird for me.

"I don't know what you think I know that you apparently know" He challenges.

OoOoH He's gonna wish he never said that.

I smirk at him and he smirks back.

I take a deep breath.

"I think you do know what I know you know even though you claim to not know what I know, I know that you know and I need to know what you know right now." I finish.

He leans back and I mimic once more.

I won.

"How do you know?" He asks