Chapter 4

Alec's POV

It's been a few hours since the Stilinski kid had his episode. Jace used to get them when we were young, so I knew straight away what was happening and how to handle it.

Clary is still sitting on her original seat, looking over Stiles as he restlessly slept.

I'm currently pacing at the end of the bed thinking...

I have so many questions to ask him but he won't answer any. It's frustrating. But when he wakes up, he's going to answer all my question whether he likes it or not. Like; Why did he run away from us? Why doesn't he want to go to the institute? How does he now who Derek Hale is? How does he know what we are? He's mundane, he shouldn't know about the supernatural.

I stop pacing when Stiles begins to stir awake.

I turn to Clary.

"Let me do the talking," I order, 

"He's my cousin" She retorts.

"You're my responsibility." I shoot back, she huffs and leans back on her seat.

I position myself at the foot of the bed, facing Stiles so I can get straight to my questions when he is fully awake... He's cute when he sleeps... what...no.

I'll need to be careful, I don't need a repeat of his last panic attack.

***********************************************************************************************

Stiles' POV

I slowly feel myself return from unconsciousness, I take a moment to remember the events that occurred before I went to sleep. I slowly open my eyes to see a blurry Alec standing at the foot of my bed.

I close my eyes and swing my head back onto the pillow, not wanting to speak to Alec, or anyone, right now. I let out a groan,

"Not the happiest face I've woken up to," I state.

Earning a snort from Clary, who is still in the same seat she was in when we first arrived at the hotel.

"I have questions and your going to answer them... truthfully." Alec ignores my past remark.

"Jee, I feel special," I say whilst finally propping myself up on the bed so I can look at Alec.

Alec crosses his arms over his chest (Showing off is intimidating muscles and tattoos/runes) and gives me a disapproving look.

"How often do you get panic attacks?" He asked, which caught me off guard, I mean, of all the questions he could have asked first he decided to go with that, I didn't think he cared. What am I thinking, he doesn't.

I make sure to look him in the eye and ready my best poker face and stablist voice I can muster.

"That was my first, It was only because I hadn't slept in days and my diet hasn't really consisted of... food lately." I lie.

Which he seemed to buy, or at least he didn't push it.

"How do you know about Derek Hale and Shadowhunters?" He asked next.

"Derek and I are GREAT buddies, man he is so full of joy and happiness, It's hard not to know that guy" I answer sarcastically "As for you shadowhunters" I make a waving action between him and Clary and continue "It was a wild guess, honestly. I've always had a tendency to study up on all creatures and supernatural beings I can because I usually end up bumping into them, one way or another... sometimes quite literally" I muse.

"Stiles" Alec Interupts.

He takes a deep breath and repeats the question that still goes unanswered,

"How do you know Derek Hale?"

I could tell I was getting on his nerves and honestly I was enjoying it... I won't be sharing any valuable information with him and that's all he wants, so I'm going to have to lie and distract him as much as possible.

"I met him at bingo night.." I said with a smirk

"Stiles" He repeated, this time angrier.

"Karaoke night?..." I offer

He just glares...

Fuck, he's scary.

"Okay, okay." I gave up "Basically my best friend, y'know my BFF, brother from another mother, got bitten by Dereks crazy ass uncle and turned werewolf, and then we all joined together and killed the pscho-alpha, well temporarily, and Derek was alpha for a bit but Scott and I weren't having it and soon Scott became alpha and..." I stop to think, I couldn't give anything else in anymore detail... "Yeah, thats about it" I finish.

"Scott? as in... Scott McCall?" Alec asks, interest peaked.

Oh shit, I said his name.

"What... nooo...pfff...I didn't say thattt" I say in a high voice.

"You're part of the McCall pack?" He asked almost unbelievingly.

Too much detail TOO MUCH DETAIL

I hate that he knows this much.

"It's complicated," I decide to stick with.

"Now" I start so Alec can't finish "Clary" I turn to her, desperatley needing to change the subject "I need to speak with your mum, where is she?" I ask.

The sooner I see Jocelyn the sooner I can get out of this situation. When I find Jocelyn and tell her about my father, I will tell everyone the truth, Hell I'll even retake Alecs' questions without sarcasm.

Jocelyn will have to be the one to tell Clary when she feels like Clary is ready to know. And I would like to speak to her about whether or not I can trust this Alec Character.

Clary looked saddened by the question and she glanced at Alec and back at me.

"She's been kidnapped" She said in a small voice and a quivering lip.

Shit.