Chapter 2

Aw Hell, I have nothing left to live for and I've already pissed him off. If he doesn't like that I know he and Clary are shadowhunters then he's definitely not going to like what I have to say next.

I face away from the intimidating Alec, who's staring at me like I just whipped a unicorn out my ass and turn to Clary and put on my most dazzling smile.

"Clary. Fray. Of all the people, I wouldn't have expected you to get mixed up in the supernatural world." I begin, I instantly see Alec's ears perk up and Clary's mouth drop, almost hitting the floor, "Well, I suppose you didn't have a choice in the matter did you?. No, shadowhunters are genetic, are they not?" I turn to Alec and take a step closer to him.

Boy, if looks could kill, I'd be six foot under.

I'm going to enjoy this very much.

"You look more experienced, you do have more runes than Clary," I glance at Clary and back at Alec "well compared to you she has hardly any. Which means you're some kind of... instructor? No. Leader? Maybe."

"Okay. Mundane." Alec cuts me off threateningly.

But before he can continue any further I cut him off,

"Okay. shadowhunter." I mock his voice, put on a serious face and cross my arms and open my legs so I'm copying him.

He releases his arms to his sides and stalks towards me with an angry face.

Goodbye cruel world, It was shit while it lasted.

But before Alec can get to me Clary is standing in between us to break us up.

"Stop. Alec." She says seriously.

She turns to him and tells him to step back.

As he does so I stick my tongue out at him and he glares back.

"Wow, mate. You're seriously like a younger, fitter version of Derek Hale"

I say out loud.

Shit, I've said too much

And with that, all signs of glares and scowls are gone, replaced with a look of curiosity.

He stops in his tracks but Clary isn't pleased and wants more space between us so we don't kill each other, or he kills me more like.

"I'm not going to hurt him." He says softly to Clary which surprised both me and Clary.

ShitShitShitShit

She let go of him and watched as he slowly approached me. But this time without an intent to kill.

Once he came too close for my liking, I took a step back. I could feel my chest closing in on itself and a wave of nausea hit me, It was only a matter of time before the sleep deprivation got to me.

I stumbled back and almost tripped on my feet.

Only for Alec to close the gap between us and catch me.

"We need to get him back to the institute." He said with worry plastered on his face as he scanned me for any possible injuries.

"No," I said, I couldn't be taken back into the supernatural world. The only thing it's good for is death and I can't handle anymore.

"Yes," Alec said sternly.

In a fit of adrenaline and panic, I tore out of Alec's arms and sprinted down the street.

I couldn't let them see me having a panic attack, that would lead to questions, questions that I'm not ready to answer.

I ran to the bottom of the street and ran down a few alleyways and turned a few corners until I couldn't hear his footsteps behind me anymore.