39.

Naomi holds onto the woman's hand who she found out was named Jaime. Stellan is standing beside Mikain. He slept for the rest of the day and Mikain wanted to ensure the rest of the day would run smoothly for the young wolves. Naomi and Sarah spent the day with Jaime making sure she was okay. Once Stellan woke he freshened up and changed and they all regrouped in Mikain's office.

Naomi is stunned to see Stellan having fully recovered. He is taller and larger than Mikain and the way he carries himself makes Naomi regret being so casual with him. He crosses his arms over his chest as Raurlin shuts the door.

"Thank you for accommodating Jaime and I so quickly. '' Stellan directs at Mikain. "Your help and hospitality does not go unnoticed."

"It is both my pleasure and my honour to have you here, Stellan. Now please tell us what happened."

"It seems it was a coup on the ground level. Only Jaime, Lyjil and I were at the compound and they attacked. We were unprepared and outnumbered. I did my best to not kill any of our own."

"Lyjil?" Raurlin pipes in and Stellan just shakes his head.

Raurlin's head drops.

"The way they fought was so primal I haven't seen anything like this since the war. I figured it was magick that did this. I understand you had a similar incident earlier at which point the witches were able to assist?"

"Yes it was a black magick spell" Sarah explains "we still know nothing about the third witch and haven't had time to try and track her down. The awakening was yesterday."

"I see. Well then tracking down this third witch should be our top priority. Sarah, if you're comfortable perhaps you could work with Mikain and I to try and pinpoint the third witch's location?"

"What of us, Stellan?" Jackson asks.

Stellan turns to Mikain and Mikain nods.

"Secure the perimeter and ensure that we have an emergency protocol in terms of children and the elderly and those who cannot fight."

Mikain frowns at Stellan and he asks "are we anticipating an attack?"

"They weren't there for me, Mikain. They wanted Raurlin."

Naomi feels an instant and sharp anger and she grits her teeth.

                                                                                                          ❄

Naomi comes to a halt behind Raurlin as he braces against a tree. After they regrouped with Mikain and Stellan they broke into groups with Benedict and some of the other wolves to do a physical perimeter check. Sarah and Dezra are working on a protection spell to ensure no one else on the property is affected by any more black magick attacks.

Raurlin punches the large tree and his fist lands squarely in the middle of it. Naomi gasps and she rushes to where Raurlin is standing. The wolves around them come to a halt and Naomi waves them on. They continue a slow jog. Naomi gently eases Raurlin's fist out the tree and she picks at pieces of wood that are sticking out of it haphazardly.

Raurlin shuts his eyes tightly, a surge of extreme anger building within him. Naomi watches as his chest rises and falls with heavy breaths. He opens his eyes and the colour is something completely different. It's a combination of that bright red and bright gold. His claws extend effortlessly and his fangs drop from his mouth. Naomi pulls him into a hug.

Raurlin strains against Naomi before giving into the hug and sobbing into her shoulder. Naomi stands motionless holding him tightly as he cries against her. His body racks with the effort. His breathing steadies quickly and he straightens and wipes at his eyes and nose. His body has returned to it's human shell.