26.

There's a soft knock at the door and Naomi turns to face the wall. Raurlin can hear the bed creak with the movement as well as the soft sigh Naomi let's escape.

Raurlin gently pushes the door open and Naomi shuts her eyes tight. She grits her teeth as her eyes flutter. Raurlin sets a cup of coffee down on the bedside table.

The chair from last night is still beside the bed. Raurlin eases into the chair and drops his head into his hands, his elbows digging into his thighs.

He had sat at the kitchen table expecting Naomi to come after him. It was a weird situation. Something he hadn't expected. He walked away, needing to catch his breath and gather his thoughts.

He didn't mean to bang the door shut and after a solid twenty minutes had passed he realised the overreaction of his actions. Before the only person he was accountable to was Jackson. And himself.

Naomi had laid in bed, waiting for the vast emotion from the sudden change of her life to hit her like a ton of bricks. She laid and waited and there was nothing.

After sometime she even forgot about the awkward situation with Raurlin. She simply typed another question into the note on her phone and then put her phone on charge. She waited a little longer, listening for Raurlin, unsure if he was even still home. Soon after she fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

Raurlin crept into the room and quietly pulled a blanket out his cupboard. He didn't feel it appropriate to get into bed with Naomi but he did sit for a few minutes and just listened to her breathing deepen as she fell deeper into sleep.

He now, sitting at the edge of the bed, stifles a yawn. Naomi remains staring at the wall. Raurlin reaches out and his hand gently rests on her hop. Naomi stiffens.

"Naomi, I know you're awake."

Naomi rolls her eyes and glances over her shoulder. Raurlin looks tired and torn. She feels a sudden wave of guilt at remembering that his father has just died. Naomi rolls over and faces him.

"How did you know I was awake?"

"I could tell by your breathing. Can we talk?"

Naomi nods.

"I wanted to apologize about how I behaved last night. This is all a lot for me and I don't exactly know how to react to all this...or how to deal."

Naomi pushes herself and then tucks her knees under her chin.

"I want to apologize too..."

"-You have nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who shut down...and stormed out."

"Even still, Raurlin. This is new for both of us. You've been this vampire warrior man just on your own agenda and suddenly I come alone and throw a huge spanner in the works. The bottom line is you don't know how to be with me and I don't know how to be with you."

"I have no regrets about us, Naomi."

"Neither do I Raurlin. But we've skipped years ahead in a matter of hours. We need to slow down and start from the beginning."

Raurlin nods agreeing with everything Naomi is saying. Naomi pauses unsure of her words.

"You're right, doll. I'm sorry for banging the door."

"I accept your apology. Look, I need to get up and ready. Thank you for making me a cup of coffee."

Naomi picks it up with a smile. The cup is still warm. Naomi takes a sip. Raurlin smiles at her. The air is lighter and he stops himself from hugging her. He stands up and offers instead a small kiss on her forehead. Naomi smiles as he does.