29.

The car comes to a halt at a large game with a crest of a wolf in the middle of it. There's an intercom to the left of the gate. The motion of stopping causes Naomi to jerk awake. She reaches across and nudges Sarah. Sarah sits up and yawns. She looks around and as far as the eye can see there's nothing but trees.

"You two okay back there?"

"Yeah...can't believe we're actually here. It doesn't look like anyone is home."

The large gates slowly open and there is a long and winding driveway that is lit with small lights. They drive into the property and the gate slowly closes behind them. Naomi looks through the trees and they drive up the driveway and out in the distance there are lights flickering.

Raurlin feels an unsettling sensation underneath his skin. There is a shift in the air around him and experience tells him he is in werewolf territory. He glances at Jackson who is still driving and Jackson nods once. His eyes gleam red an Raurlin's do in turn. The halo around his irises burn gold. He turns the radio off and tilts his head towards the window.

Naomi can feel how tense Raurlin is and she reaches out for Sarah. The two hold hands tightly. Naomi suddenly has a sense of helplessness. She instantaneously realises how everyone around her is able to protect themselves...all except her. She grits her teeth and there is a pounding behind her eyes. She shuts them and shakes her head.

They come to a stop at the end of the driveway and in front of a large house. It easily looks like a hotel judging by the sheer size of it. Jackson turns the car off and the front door opens. A large man wearing a vest and jeans jogs down the front steps leading to the main doors, there's mist in the air from his breathing. There is a light on at the main door. His eyes are an intense gold where Raurlins are an intense red.

"Wait here" Raurlin instructs as he and Jackson disembark. Raurlin and Jackson walk to where the large man is standing. The large man extends a hand and shakes Raurlin's hand then Jacksons.

"Raurlin, Jackson, I'm Mikain. Welcome to my home. I do apologize for my eyes, I haven't been around vampires in a very long time."

"It's great to meet you, Mikain. And please accept our apologies as well. Being in werewolf territory is forcing primal defense instincts."

Raurlin nods his agreement with Jackson.

"Come on in, please. It's late. I'm sure you're exhausted from the journey. I wasn't expecting you'd be bringing companions but we can make further arrangements."

Raurlin walks back to the car as Jackson continues chatting with the Alpha. He opens Naomi's door and pokes his head in.

"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to scare you guys. Come on, let's head in."

"Raur, your eyes?"

"It's okay. We're okay." He leaves Naomi's door open then walks round to Sarah's door and opens the door. Sarah stands up and stretches. The air is cold and her body is achy. Being with the wolves is a different dynamic. She can feel the change around her. She knows that they're surrounded by wolves but she also knows it's just a precaution.

Raurlin opens the boot and pulls out two bags. Jackson and the Alpha walk to the car. Naomi instinctively walks to where Raurlin is standing. The Alpha has golden eyes and he extends a hand to Naomi. She shakes it.

"My name is Mikain, welcome to my home. I want you to know that you are all safe and welcome here. You must be Naomi. And you must be Sarah."

He shakes Sarah's hand and then starts carrying bags out the boot. Sarah frowns at him.