16.

"I know it's a lot to process and I'm very sorry that this is how you both had to find out this way. But Naomi, Sarah is right. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Other than on a little road trip. You two should head back to your place. Live. When you're ready you know where to find me."

Naomi nods slowly knowing that it's a good idea. Perhaps arguably the best course of action. She looks at Sarah and Sarah merely offers a small smile. Sarah looks at Jackson and at their entwined hands. Sarah gently pulls her hands back and Jackson let's go completely. He turns to Naomi.

'It's a sweet sentiment, Raur. But I think Naomi may find it difficult to leave you. That's the whole point about being soulmates. I think you and your soulmate should spend the week together. We can afford a week."

"And what will you do?"

"If you'll have me Sarah...I was thinking I could crash by you. Help you through the grimoire. I figure you'd rather practice on someone immortal."

Sarah smiles and merely responds "offer accepted vampire."

Jackson stands up. "I'll pack a bag and we can get going. We'll leave you two love birds to it. I'm a phone call away. Raur, text me later so we can plan logistics."

Raurlin nods. Jackson stands up and walking past Sarah walks to his bedroom. He pulls his cupboard open and pulls out a small travel back which he quickly fills with clothes. He knew that being in Sarah's space constantly was a risk and honestly he merely wanted to be close to her. His immortality, purely an added benefit.

He walks briskly to the lounge where Sarah and Naomi are gathered in a tight embrace. He leans against the frame of the door watching. Raurlinn stands up and walks over to where he is standing. Raurlin stands beside him, arms crossed.

"You know I owe you one Jax. Thank you. I'm going to try and teach her as much about us as I can. I'll try and learn about her too. I gather you're going to do recon on the witch? We may need her...Also take it easy. I see the way you look at her. Don't scare her off. Catch up tonight?"

Jackson smiles and nods. He ushers Sarah to the door leaving Raurlin and Naomi alone. The door shuts and Raurlin walks to the kitchen. He opens the fridge and pours a cold glass of water then hands it to Naomi. Naomi smiles and sips at it, suddenly feeling nervous. Perhaps at the prospect of being alone with Raurlin...after saving his life.

Raurlin can feel Naomi's nerves and chooses to sit on the couch beside her. He offers a small smile and says "so what do you want to do first?"

Naomi frowns and echoes "first?"

"Yes I just mean...what do you want to do first...not like that but like...do you want to talk or rest or maybe watch a show?"

Naomi laughs and reaches for the remote "I think we're actually right on time for my show. Why are you sitting so far?" Naomi flushes.

Raurlin taps the spot next to him and Naomi sits beside him. Raurlin can't help but reach out and Naomi shimmies beside his ribcage untils she's comfortable. Raurlin hands her the remote and Naomi turns it on and quickly flicks through the channels before settling on a show. They watch and all it takes is a few minutes for Naomi to fall asleep. Raurlin tries to lay as still as possible as not to wake her.

Sarah pushes the door open and users Jackson inside. She drops her back with the grimoire on the kitchen counter. She opens the fridge and pulls out a bottle of wine. Jackson watches on amused.

"Don't make that judgemental face at me Jackson. My whole life has changed in a matter of hours so either I scream or drink some wine...or the whole bottle."