7.

Sarah walks from the kitchen and hands Naomi a plate. The day had flown by quickly considering the time the two woke up. The events of the evening slowly began becoming apparent in her mind. Of course she kissed him. She gave herself a long lecture in the shower before rushing to class which she somehow managed to make on time.

"So my professor said that I smelt like a brewery and that in future I should not bring myself to state in the way that I did. Although she was impressed by my dedication."

Naomi grins at Sarah. She knew her best friend would never forgive herself if she missed a class. Through-out the day Naomi battled with an unexplainable sadness. She had an appointment with her therapist. The same therapist she had since she could talk. Marsha. Her session was long, longer than what anticipated and Naomi felt lighter when she left. The sessions with Marsh always helped.

"How'd it go with Marsha?"

Naomi spoons a scoop of spaghetti into her mouth. She chews it and swallows then shrugs.

"It went well. I always feel better after seeing her."

"That's good. You told her about the dream? The whole dream?"

"Yes the whole dream, laying in bed being unable to move and then the screaming. I told her. We've dissected it as anxiety resulting from childhood trauma. Hopefully tonight I'll get a full night's sleep. What time is the movie starting?"

Sarah lifts the remote and turns the TV on. She flicks through the channels before settling one just in time. The movie begins and they watch on in silence. About halfway through the movie Sarah dozes off. Naomi battles a yawn then decides against staying awake to watch the rest of the movie. She covers Sarah with a black and grey knitted throw and turns the TV off. She's almost tempted to straighten Sarah's room but chooses against it.

Naomi locks the door and turns off lights except for the bathroom on her way to her room. In her room she walks to her desk and picks up her hair brush. She unties her messy bun and brushes through her hair, her mind drifting to Raurlin. Raurlin with his tousled thick hair and hazel brown eyes. With the golden ring around irises. Naomi sighs deeply feeling a tinge of sadness at the thought of him. Perhaps the thought of what could have been.

Naomi plaits a simple braid and walks back to her bed. She flicks the lamp on the bedside table on and turns off the main light. Her pajamas are neatly folded under her pillow case and she pulls it out. Her satin blue nightgown with a lace trim. Sarah had bought it for her for her birthday the year before. She wore it mostly out of sentiment. It was cute, still, and necessary for the warm weather.

Naomi pulls the duvet on her bed back and slides underneath it. She adjusts onto her pillow until she decides she's comfortable. She turns the lamp off then quickly shuts her eyes tightly. She slowly opens her eyes and allows a few minutes for her eyes to adjust. The light for the bathroom glows at the bottom of the door and slowly her room starts to take shape. The city lights brighten her curtains slightly and Naomi tells herself that she is safe. Soon she is asleep.

Naomi's eyes flutter open and she reaches to rub her eyes before realising that her arms haven't moved. A slight panic settles through her as she looks around. Quickly she realises she isn't in her room or her bed. She exhales realising she's dreaming. She turns her neck to her left and Jackson is sitting on a chair beside her. There's a drip running with the needle in her hand. Her hand starts to ache.

Naomi frowns at Jackson and croaks "What are you doing here?"

Jackson closes a book he's reading and rests it on his lap. He leans forward and gently moves some hair off oh Naomi's forehead.