Cars, Babysitting, and Being Twelve

"Why do you keep letting him into your room!?"

I tried to ignore Kiba's question as I tousled Hina's hair, peeking around her to be met with a very amused smile, and I couldn't help but crack one myself, "I can't sleep alone you know!"

"Okay, but stop enabling him!" Was his annoyed response, and I held back a laugh.

Hinata made a final effort to adjust her skirt, "You know, we enable her a lot."

There was a moment of silence, "He doesn't deserve to be enabled, though!"

She shook her head, giving herself another look in the mirror with a pleased sigh, "It's been a while, you know, since I've dressed up like this."

I scoffed, "You've only been pregnant and had a baby." It was pretty awesome, honestly, to see Hinata in full goth gear again: black dress, belt and chain harness, platform boots, the works. I hugged her from behind, "It's nice that you get to do this."

"Are you sure it's okay?" Oh, jeez, she was already second guessing herself, "He's still too little. I don't want to make that mistake again."

"No!" I whined, rocking with her, "It's literally, like, two hours, he'll be fine! We'll be watching him! It's good for you both to have a break and have time to be you, this doesn't make you bad parents."

She patted my hand, "Okay, okay, understood. I'm all set to go then."

Satisfied, I let her go, walking out of the bathroom to find Kiba sitting on the end of the bed, quite dressed up himself. I... wonder how much black I could convince Kakashi to wear. He stood up, still relatively disgruntled, "I told him not to come here, okay? I don't-" Completely distracted, his eyes promptly locked onto Hina as she stepped out of the bathroom, and he walked up to her, "Was I upset about something? There's too many belts and chains here for me to focus on anything else."

"I'm a bit distracted myself." Hinata chuckled, coyly tugging at the opened collar of his button up shirt before placing her hand on his chest, "Like what you see?"
He smirked, tilting his forehead down to touch hers, "I'm glad I put the effort into dressing up." They really did look like an awesome goth-punk couple; I wonder if Sasuke might've felt like he and Yui were being displaced, if his complaint on Kiba's style had anything to say.

"Good to see you using what I've bought you." She smirked back, glancing down at his boots and adjusting his jacket.

He looked down at himself, frowning aloofly, "I bought the jacket myself, y'know."

With a laugh, she kissed him on the cheek, "And I'm proud of you for it. Now, let's make sure we've gotten ready for a reason and actually make our reservation on time."

"That'd probably be good to do." He nodded, going back to the bed and picking Al up, and then took Hina's hand with his free one.

We moved down the stairs to where Kakashi was waiting, apparently having some sort of staring contest with Akamaru, and he stood up as soon as he noticed us, "Is it time then? I don't want to cause doubt or anything, but are you sure you two are comfortable with this?"

"I mean..." Kiba walked up to him, carefully holding Al out, "You're the Hokage, right?"

Taking care of a baby and being the Hokage were completely different jobs, but I was going to choose to agree with him to help give Kakashi confidence, "Yeah! This is nothing compared to that! We'll just be hanging out with a cute baby for a couple of hours and making sure their house is okay, no big deal!"

The look Kakashi gave me begged to differ, but he gingerly accepted Al, cradling him carefully although he seemed to not be entirely sure of what he was doing, "I suppose it isn't like dealing with the council... still..."