The International Terrorist Wants to Become a Teacher

Shooting a searching glance at Obito as we descended the stairs of the Hokage's tower, I was once again annoyed to find that it was impossible to read someone if they were wearing a mask, not like I was ever really good at reading people anyways. It annoyed the hell out of me though to never see him be able to emote, it made it difficult to even figure out the guy's personality.

"So, what did you want to grab?" Verbally asking my question was just the simpler way of figuring things out.

"Fresh air." he replied humorlessly, staring up at the sky as we reached the bottom of the stairs, "You can't tell me that it wasn't getting suffocating in there."

"More like annoying." I scoffed, "I don't get why Kakashi-sensei's been so weird lately."

"Well, he's been drinking in the office now." he grumbled, clearly not all too happy with that fact.

"Oh... right," Now that I thought about it he did have a whiskey bottle on his desk, "That's... sad."

Obito nodded, "It is."

I kicked at the dirt as we walked, frowning at the ground, "I feel kinda bad being annoyed at him because I know he's not okay and all that... but couldn't he be not okay in a less annoying way?"

Obito laughed, "It does feel like he is intent on dragging us all down with him, 'shared misery' and all that."

"It still makes me feel bad though," I mumbled, "I wish that there was something I could do to actually help him."

"You shouldn't feel guilty," Obito sighed, "It isn't your job to babysit your teacher, and it isn't my job to babysit him either..."

"I don't even know why he's so upset." I scoffed, "It's so stupid."

"I wish I had realized how bad off he was earlier," Obito admitted, "At first I thought all of this was just some sort of hissy fit about being made Hokage in the manner he was, maybe also about not being told of Sakura's disappearance..." he shook his head, "It was naive of me to think someone so level headed throughout his life would throw a fit like that over nothing. If I was a better friend I might have prevented him from getting to the point where I need to ask teenagers for help."

"Teenagers?" What the hell did he mean by that?

He glanced at me, apparently at odds with himself if he should explain, it's not like I was going to let him get away with not explaining though, and I gave him a look to speak. He relented, "I have gone to Yui Otsuka before to help with Kakashi when he's at his worst. She's made a habit of talking to him now."

"Yui..." I tried to jog my memory at the familiar name, "Sasuke's girlfriend!?"
Obito chuckled, "Yes, as crazy as it may seem she is surprisingly competent in dealing with these types of things." he glanced back at the tower, "The reason I had us leave actually was because I wanted her to talk with him, and it's better if she does that alone."

"Oh..." I glared back at the tower, then at the road, trying to put together how someone like her could possibly help in that kind of situation, "I guess if she can deal with Sasuke then she can handle a drunk Kakashi-sensei."

Obito hummed in agreement, "Though I'd argue Kakashi's much worse to deal with."

"You've never had to go on a mission with Sasuke." I scoffed, flashing back to some quite aggravating incidents.

"At least Sasuke isn't Hokage." Obito argued.

I barked out a laugh, "That would be terrible!"

"Don't be mean now," Obito chided before considering it, "But I do think you might be right."

"So, besides babysitting Kakashi-sensei," I began, "Have you figured any things out yourself yet?" he had been working on finding his place, right? It had been a while since I'd seen him even think about anything like that.