Occupational Hazards

"Are you excited?" I paused at the front doors to the hospital, turning to Hinata with a wide grin.

"Of course," She chuckled, quirking a humored brow at me, "But I daresay you're even more excited."

"Well c'mon Hina," I scoffed sarcastically, pushing the door open, "How many people do you know who are going to own a hospital?" I mean... c'mon!

She walked inside, shooting me a smirk, "I'm not owning it, I'm running it."

"Same thing!" I argued, catching up to her and looping an arm around her back, "Besides, now this means that I don't have to hate the hospital so much, knowing that you'll be there." I'd still hate them a little though.

"That shouldn't be an incentive to wind up in it!" She gave me a little shove, "I'm not going to give you special treatment, y'know."

With a laugh, I scooped her up bridal style, completely catching her by surprise, "That's a lie, and you know it."

Blushing, she was clearly trying to come up with some argument, but as we entered the meeting room she didn't quite get the chance.

"Aw, look at you two!" Izumi cried out, running up to us with Shino and Kurenai-sensei in tow. Shino quirked a brow at us, and I quickly set her back down; I'd kinda forgotten what was happening in the moment.

"Congratulations, Hinata," Kurenai smiled at us warmly, shifting Mirai to her hip so that she could hug her, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Sensei." she smiled as well, and I knew that deep down she was also really excited for this. Parties just weren't her scene.

Kurenai stepped back and began walking to where she was sitting, her smile taking a teasing edge, "Have fun, okay? This day is supposed to be special for you."

"Alright, got it." Hinata replied, giving the toddler in Kurenai's arms a little wave before refocusing on the room.

I also gave the space a look, they'd really spruced the place up, moving furniture around to make the meeting room more like a restaurant than a boring discussion site. It was nice that the people working here valued Hinata as much as they did, and should.

"You've really outperformed us now, Hinata." Shino stated, placing his hands in his pockets. He looked almost aloof, but we couldn't miss the smile peeking out from his collar, "Isn't directing the hospital a little excessive?"

"I personally think it's a fine role." she shrugged dismissively, "Especially given the disaster group of friends I have." Damn, she had us there.

"For the record," Shino held up a finger, "I have only gone to the hospital once, since the Forest of Death."

"Okay, my disaster group of friends, except for Shino." she corrected.

I shouldered him teasingly. Of course, he was right and all that, but why not have some fun, "What, not going to complain about being excluded now?"

"If it's exclusion from idiocy, I'm more than alright." Shino responded flatly. Damn...

Izumi planted his hands on his hips, glaring up at him, "You can't act like you're smarter than everyone."

Shino just patted him on the head, "I find you plenty smart Izumi, you also haven't gotten injured if I remember correctly." Also correct, Izumi got out of most situations miraculously unscathed.

"Hm," Izumi put a finger to his chin, "So that would make the disaster..." Oh no.

They all looked at me, yep, expected that, and I held my hands up with an exasperated sigh, "Look, it's not my fault blades are attracted to me like I'm a goddamn magnet."