Prologue

Stiles was seated at the end of his bed, staring at nothing and thinking of nothing. Just doing nothing but...existing.

He had just gotten back from the funeral, still in his black suit, which was drenched but he didn't care.

At the funeral, he avoided everyone and talked to no one. 

He hasn't talked to anyone from the pack since his dad was killed. 

He hasn't gone to school and he never opens the door to anyone who knocks. 

He would get hundreds of missed calls, texts, voice messages every day... he didn't answer, didn't even open them.

He needs time to heal, he needs space from everyone, he needs out of the house he has trapped himself in that has so many memories of the family he once had, he needs to leave.

At least for a while.

His father had an adopted sister, Jocelyn. She lived in New York with her daughter, Clary, she's about Stiles' age. He decided to stay with them for the time being. Sure, they don't know that yet but Stiles knows they couldn't possibly turn him down.

He's not even sure if they know his father's dead.

He hasn't told the pack he's temporarily leaving, How could he? he can't bring himself to talk to anyone.

He's leaving tonight.

Soon? yes.

But he can't bear to be in this town any longer.

He knows he should probably tell Scott...

Creak

Speak of the Devil.

Stiles turns his head to the doorway, where he heard the noise coming from.

"I let myself in," A quiet voice says as Scott comes into view.

"I guessed" Stiles replied, his voice croaky from not speaking for days.

Scott approached his obviously hurting friend and sat next to him on the bed, not without noticing the packed suitcase lying on the floor.

"Where are you going?" Scott asked in a gentle tone, not knowing if Stiles would reply or not.

"New York" Stiles deadpanned.

Scott flinched at the answer.

Stiles took notice and instantly felt worse if that was possible.

"Not permanently" He added.

A sigh came from the tanned boy and tension released from his shoulders.

"I just need time..." Stiles states, voice cracking.

Scott didn't know what to say, there was nothing to say. Instead, he just pulled Stiles into a hug to say goodbye.