seventeen

don't you love when salem has something up their sleeve?🥰

also not proofread! ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of death, murder, gun violence, strangulation, minimal swearing
word count: 3100

Emily ran into the bullpen. She was an absolute mess as she made her way to her desk.

"What's wrong with you?" Derek asked as she set down her things at her desk. The raven-haired woman looked down at her state. To her, she looked like a mess. To everyone else, she looked fine for the most part.

"Oh, you know, traffic," Emily said and sighed as she sat down. If she was being honest, she couldn't remember how she got from her apartment to Quantico. She didn't remember driving at all. The lack of sleep was now getting to her. Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's ten thirty? There's no morning rush—"

"I need some coffee before you start with your rambling," Emily said and shot up out of her chair. Derek and Spencer both had a look of confusion on their faces as they watched Emily leave to the coffee pot. She tried to shake the sleep from her head as she grabbed a mug. Emily rested her eyes just for a second until she felt hot coffee pour over her hand. "Fucking hell."

The raven-haired woman shook her hand and immediately turned on the cold faucet. Emily sighed as she tried to wake herself up once again. She needed either five cups of coffee or a day's worth of sleep.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Emily immediately grabbed onto her phone. Her eyes flicked over when she saw who was calling her. The woman left the bullpen with caution before making her way to an empty interview room down the hall.

"Hello?" Emily said quietly as she shut the door. Both of the people sighed thankfully over the phone.

"Emily," Clyde said and buried his face in his hands. "Thank God you're alright. How are you?"

"The usual. Sleep deprived, work loaded, fearing for my life because I seduced the head of a terrorist organization eight years ago," Emily said and looked out towards the window when she saw people walking by. Emily wasn't a jumper. It'd take a lot to really scare her, but now things were different. She was fearing for her life. Even a fly could make her jump now.

"That's the spirit," Tsia said sarcastically. "I'm glad you're staying alert, Em."

"Why's that?" Emily asked and tilted her head. Tsia and Clyde both looked up at each other. Neither wanted to say why they checked in on Emily. "Your ominous silence is very comforting, guys."

"Sean is dead, Emily," Clyde said and clenched his jaw slightly. "He found this morning in Brussels. His wife and daughter were murdered as well."

Emily instantly felt sick to her stomach. She stumbled her way into a chair as she clutched the phone tightly.

"She'd never murder a child," Emily said and ran a hand down her face.

"Things could have changed, Emily—"

"No. I'm telling you now that's not possible," Emily said, raising her voice slightly. She looked around the room just in case if anyone walked in. Emily shut her eyes to calm herself down. "I was alone with her for eight almost nine months. I'm telling you right now, she wouldn't do that. She killed rapists, child abusers, the scum of the Earth. Men and women, but never children. I know her and she'd never cross that line."