two

i've had the decision of not doing edits on my tiktok of this story. it's just going to be the same clips over and over again and that's not only boring but draining to do after a while😅

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, mentions of overdose, mentions of death, murder, needle injections, jealousy
word count: 3415

Lauren had woken up pretty early. The brunette woman looked around the room that she didn't recognize. It took a few seconds for reality to catch up with Lauren and realize she was undercover in Italy. Lauren just rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she got up. She slipped on a cardigan and left her room.

She had been under a magnifying glass the entire time she had been here. It was overwhelming, to say the least, just for a day. So, Lauren being the nosey woman she was, decided to go explore around the house when nobody was awake. She took a look down the long hallway that was decorated with six doors and expensive paintings. Each one had to be a bedroom, and if it were anything like Lauren's room, this was one expensive house. She made her way down the stairs carefully. She glanced over the wall and saw a large dining room table with plates and napkins already set out. Of course, there was a house staff here. Lauren didn't even know where they had slept. But it must be on the other side of the house.

"Going somewhere?"

Lauren jumped as she heard a voice come from behind her. Y/n was at the bottom of the staircase when she spotted Lauren trying her best to be discrete with her exploring.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me. I didn't think anyone was up," Lauren said and held a hand over her heart. That's when she really looked at Y/n. The woman was glistening with sweat and was dressed in workout clothes. "Apparently, I was very wrong."

"Yeah, I lost a bet with Liam. So now I have to do two laps around the garden area for the rest of the week along with a bottle of Jameson," Y/n said and smiled slightly. Lauren nodded her head as her eyes were going anywhere else in the room. "I'm sorry. I'm being rude. I don't think I offered you a tour around the house. We've just been busy."

"It's alright. I can just peek around," Lauren said as Y/n offered her hand to Lauren. The woman wasn't having it and grabbed onto her hand. She led Lauren down the stairs as she smiled concededly.

"This is just the grand dining room. We can't all fit there, so it's usually whoever is hungry can just eat. We are a family but not that close. We'd need a bigger table," Y/n said as she gestured to the room. Louise and her team of five other women were all setting up the table and saying a quiet good morning to the two. Next, Y/n lead her to the kitchen area. It was practically a professional kitchen since there were two grand floating islands and steel kitchen appliances.

"Usually, the kitchen isn't this hectic. The girls are just working up some breakfast for everyone. Louise? What's on today's menu?"

"Frittata. Biscuits and a variety of different fruits picked from the garden," Louise said as she handed Lauren a small cluster of grapes. The kitchen smelled absolutely amazing. Lauren could get used to this. "Anything you want, we can make."

"We'll stop by for breakfast after a tour. Thank you, Louise," Y/n said as Louise just tilted her head at the woman and walked off. Lauren was happy to take a bite of the grapes given to her. They were probably the best she'd ever had. She could definitely get used to this. "How are the grapes?"

"Sweet. Far better than those sad ones back in the states," Lauren said as she handed Y/n one. The woman happily took it and hummed as she ate it. They made their way down the hall slightly as Y/n gestured to another room.