thirteen

don't yall love the time skips back and better than ever🤩

also not proofread! i'm on my way home🥰

TW: mentions of murder, swearing, gun violence, arson
word count: 3042

Six months later

Lauren sat by the edge of the pool. The woman was enjoying the nice weather that May had to offer. She was laying out on a poolside chair, letting her skin soak in the sun.

Lauren heard someone whistle at her. She peeked open her eyes and saw Y/n walked out towards her. The brunette woman smiled widely as Y/n made her way to her.

"Look at you," Y/n said as her eyes raked up Lauren. The brunette woman was laying out in a white bikini. "You look immaculate."

"Yeah?" Lauren asked as Y/n leaned over and kissed her softly. Lauren moved over on the chair so Y/n could sit down. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Why?" Y/n asked and shrugged her shoulders. Lauren chuckled as she leaned forward and rested her chin against Y/n's shoulder.

"Are you lying to me?" Lauren asked and raised an eyebrow. The woman turned and kissed Lauren. They both fell back onto the pool chair, smiling against the other's lips. The both of them tried to feel each other more. Y/n finally pulled away as Lauren's hands scratched at the back of her neck.

"Lauren?" Y/n asked and smiled softly. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows as Y/n stood up. "There's been something I've wanted to give you."

"What is it?" Lauren asked softly. Y/n knelt down in front of Lauren. The brunette woman was fearful in that moment.

"Please don't freak out," Y/n said and smiled. The woman sighed softly as she looked at Lauren. She wanted to live in this moment forever.

Y/n pulled out a necklace. It was made of gold. It was a heart shaped as a spear. The younger woman got closer to Lauren and grabbed onto one of her hands.

"I hate the idea of marriage. It doesn't mean anything to me. But that was before I met you. I didn't want to jump right into a marriage proposal after only knowing you for seven months. And frankly, a tattoo wasn't enough for me to call you mine. I needed more, and this was the only thing I could think of," Y/n said and smiled softly. She stroked her thumb over Lauren's hand. "I love you, Lauren Reynolds. And this is my vow to be completely committed to you and only you until you're ready. If you'll have me."

Lauren's entire being froze as she looked at Y/n. The brunette woman leaned forward and kissed Y/n passionately. Lauren had tears formed in her eyes. Whether they were from joy, terror, or sadness: she didn't know.

"I love you too," Lauren said sadly against her lips. Lauren wrapped her arms around Y/n's neck. The brunette woman's eyes were sad as she looked over Y/n's shoulder.

What did she just get herself into? This was more than she signed up for.

"This calls for another celebration. I'll have Louise make a cake or something. Whatever you'd like," Y/n said and pulled away from Lauren. "But first."

Y/n smiled at her before placing the necklace around Lauren's neck. The brunette woman's hand came up and gently touched the necklace. She couldn't help the small smile that formed on her lips.

"How does it look?" Lauren asked and locked eyes with Y/n. The woman's eyes went to the necklace and then back up to Lauren's eyes slowly.

"Perfect," Y/n said and smiled widely. "I hope you know, that necklace was custom made. Antonio has a friend that's in the jewelry making business."