sixteen

this book has to be my favorite with writing. unsub y/n is definitely a favorite trope of mine🥰

also not proofread❤️‍🔥

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: stalking, gun usage, mentions of murder, death, swearing, anxiety
word count: 3160

Eight years later

The entire building of Quantico shook as the thunderstorm roared outside. Emily would catch glimpses of the lightning strikes that would happen in the gloomy sky. The sound of the rain starting to trickle down the windows was heard through the city.

"Jesus. I just washed my car!" Derek yelled as the sound of rain filled the rather empty bullpen. Emily chuckled as she and Spencer looked over at him. "I swear it's like bad luck or something. Every time I do wash it, it rains shortly after. And car washes are expensive! It's like thirty bucks just down the drain!"

"That's actually a faulty cause and effect. It's a type of fallacy that falsely assumes that—"

"Reid," Derek said and held up his finger. "Unless you're going to tell me you'll give me thirty bucks so I can go wash my car again, I don't feel like hearing anything else. And I had a date tomorrow night too."

"He can't," Emily said and gestured towards Spencer. The two men's eyebrows furrowed. A large smile took over Emily's face. "It might rain again."

"Oh so you've got jokes, huh?" Derek said and rolled his eyes as Emily laughed. Penelope walked into the bullpen and over towards the three of them. "What's going on with you, baby? Did you miss me too much already? Or was the rain scaring you?"

"I didn't even noticed it was raining. Awe, your poor nicely washed car," Penelope said and poured over at Derek.

"See! Penelope gets it," Derek said and stood up, wrapping an arm around Penelope. The blonde woman smiled as Derek kissed her head lovingly.

"Anyway, my lovely strongly muscles baby boy Derek, that's not why I came here. I came here to see the broody, raven-haired beauty, one Miss Emily Prentiss," Penelope said and pushed Derek off of her. The man furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you have for me, PG?" Emily asked and looked over at Penelope. The blonde woman sat at the edge of Emily's desk.

"I was getting a call for you from my office. The phone call is still running since it wasn't for me it was for you, obviously. It's this guy, his name is Sean McAllister? He said he was trying to reach you and accidentally called me. But because you and I are two peas in a pod, I told him to stay on the line as I came and got you myself," Penelope said and gestured back towards her office. "He has an accent and I almost pretended to be you just to hear more of it. Do all of your mystery friends have accents? Do you think you can hook me up with a lovely chap from London?"

"Sean McAllister?" Emily asked and furrowed her eyebrows. "I haven't heard from him in years."

"So what is he? An ex? Just a friend? A potential lover? A very interesting international booty call?" Penelope asked as her eyes widened with possibilities. Both Derek and Spencer looked at each other and then back at the two women. "I'm interested! So who is he!"

"Just an old friend, Penelope," Emily said and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going to go talk to him. It must be important then."

"Can I just sit and listen to the—"