19

(Thoughts in bold)

One month had passed since Vinnie last texted Y/n. She felt relieved but at the same time she couldn't help but still miss him. She's sees him at school or when her brother comes home from college and they hang out. They don't acknowledge each other. It's back to the way it used to be. She can't help but notice him stare sometimes when she's in the kitchen and he walks by or when she's walking in the hallway. Y/n was trying to focus on school and having a good school year. Ryan was still there for her every step of the way.

It was currently a Sunday morning and Y/n gets up and goes to the bathroom to take a shower and brush her teeth. She gets changed and heads to the kitchen to make some breakfast. She's making pancakes when she hears her brothers door open.

She doesn't think much of it thinking it's her brother.

Y/n- Do you want some I'm making extra? And mom said she made reservations for family dinner later at 7 so don't forget.

"I would love some pancakes but add chocolate chips. And am I invited to this dinner?"

Y/n stops what's she's doing and turns around knowing it's Vinnie talking. She turned around finding him shirtless with pajama pants on and his hair a mess.

She glares at him and turns back around to the pancakes.

Y/n- What are you doing here?

Vinnie- Spent the night. Is that a problem?

Y/n- I don't care. I just didn't know.

Vinnie- You would know if you still talked to me.

Y/n scoffs not saying anything

Okay smart ass

Vinnie walks behind Y/n standing right behind her looking over her shoulder. Y/n starts getting nervous not knowing what to do when her phone starts ringing.

Thank god

Y/n moves away from Vinnie and grabs her phone. She sees Ryan calling her.

Y/n grabs her phone and answers while looking at Vinnie. He goes and opens the fridge looking for something.

Y/n- Oh hey Ryan! What's up?

Vinnie instantly turns his head looking at Y/n. She found him being jealous amusing.

Y/n stayed talking with Ryan for a few minutes and Vinnie looked at her the entire time she was on the phone.

Y/n- Okay so starbucks tomorrow morning? I love you. Bye!

She hangs up and Vinnie sighs.

Y/n- What?

Vinnie- You two are getting awfully close aren't y'all?

Y/n- We've always been close.

Vinnie- So you're just going to ignore the fact that he still has feelings for you.

Y/n- Not this again.

Y/n was sitting down eating her pancakes and Vinnie sits next to her.

Vinnie- You didn't bring it up did you. You never talked about it with him?

Y/n- It's none of your business.

Of course I didn't
how does he know that?

Vinnie- You know Ryan talks about how close you two are getting.

Y/n- What are you talking about?

Vinnie- I'm the locker room to all the guys. He talks about you.

Y/n- You're just trying to ruin my friendship with him.

Vinnie- I'm only looking out for you.

Y/n- Now you want to look out for me. Vinnie how long has it been since we talked? Now suddenly you're talking to me and trying to ruin my friendship with Ryan.

Y/n laughs slightly at the fact that Vinnie is now caring toward her.

Vinnie- Don't be like that I always cared.

Y/n gets up to put her plate in the sink.

Y/n- Not like it matters or anything but I don't like Ryan. I never will.

Vinnie stands up and walks toward her.

Vinnie- So who do you like?

Y/n looks down as she sees how close Vinnie is.

Y/n- No one.

Vinnie put his hand on her cheek.

Vinnie- I miss you...

Y/n- Well I don't.

Y/n moves his hand away and starts walking toward her room and she hears Vinnie behind her.

Y/n- Can you just leave me alone.

Vinnie- We still need to talk about everything.

Y/n reaches her door and turns around to face Vinnie.

Y/n- We don't need to talk about shit. You're the one that fucked up TWICE. I don't need to remind you that you're the one that chose Hailey. You will always choose her.

Y/n had tears in her eyes. Vinnie noticed and hugged her. Y/n resisted at first but knew it's what she needed. She did miss Vinnie but she knew it was wrong to go back to him.

Vinnie- I've been miserable with out you. After the whole incident I didn't talk to her. I blocked her. I want you to know it will always be you.

Y/n is confused and doesn't know what to think. She forgot she was hugging Vinnie and let go of him. She looks at him and doesn't say anything. She turns around and walks into her room closing the door, leaving Vinnie in the hallway.

Y/n throw herself on her bed.

Wtf just happened.