30

Thoughts in bold

Knock knock

Y/n- Come in

Reggie sighs waiting to see who it is

The door opens slowly to reveal Vinnie.

Y/n lays back down facing the wall. She hears Vinnie and Reggie whispering.

Vinnie- Let me talk to her

Reggie- You've done enough

Vinnie- Get out

Reggie scoffs

Reggie- Y/n we'll finish talking later.

Reggie closes the door behind him leaving Y/n and Vinnie.

Vinnie looks at her. She's facing the wall not wanting to talk.

(Vinnie's pov)

"Let me talk to her"

Reggie- You've done enough

He gets on my nerves
he knows nothing

"Get out"

I see Reggie scoff going toward the door

Reggie- Y/n we'll finish talking later

About what?

Reggie closes the door.

I look at her laying on her bed facing away from me.

I hurt her.

I sit on the bed figuring out what to say. It was wrong of me to call her that, but Ben is always around.

We've barely seen each other or talked these past few weeks. I've seen her messages. I just don't know anymore.

I put my hand on her arm and she immediately pulls away.

Fuck

"You don't have to say anything, just at least listen. I know i've been distant. Just know I care about you a lot. I was only upset because Ben is always around. I feel like he's replacing me. I should've told you about the camping trip, I should've responded to your messages, but I didn't. You just have to see my point of view. I only wa-"

Y/n- Stop. Just stop it.

What?

I look at her confused as she gets up to face me.

Y/n- Everything I've done is to be with you. I just don't understand why you've been distant. I realize Ben is always with me, but you haven't been here. I've missed you and it's like you don't seem to care. You don't seem to care at all apparently if you called me a whore in front of everyone."

I fucked up again
I have no idea what to say

"I- Im sorry. I don't know what to say."

I look away not being able to look into her eyes. She start speaking in a serious tone. No emotion.

I broke her.

Y/n- Since it's christmas today let's just pretend we're okay. For the sake of everyone else. Let's just pretend to be fine. We'll talk about this later.

She gets off the bed walking out leaving me by myself.

I don't know why I keep hurting her.

I get up and go to the living room. Everyone is passing out gifts one by one. First it was Y/n. It hurts seeing her put on this facade that she's okay. She hides her emotions well. It looks like nothing even happened.

I go and sit next to my mom. I see as Y/n is handing her parents the gift she got them. She waiting for their reactions.

She beautiful
I've missed her.

She gets excited seeing people's reactions to their gifts. I watch as all her siblings get their gifts and my parents get one from her as well. Then it was Reggie. I see and there's two left in her pile. She looks at both of them as shes trying to decide which one to do first. She picks up the gift and walks toward me. She hands it to me and goes and grabs the other gift. She doesn't wait for my reaction. I look as she hands the other and final gift to Ben.

Of course

Ben- Another gift? Really

I see Y/n smile at him sitting next to him.

What does he mean another one?
I thought they exchanged gifts earlier.

Y/n- My mom knows how much you loved these shoes last time we went to the mall. So we hope you like them.

Mom- You've become a part of the family and we appreciate you.

Ben opens the gift.

Ben- I love them! Thank you.

I watch Y/n laugh with everyone. I just hope everything goes back to normal.

(End of Vinnies pov)

Y/n is cleaning up all the wrapping paper that was left on the floor.

"Need a hand?"

She hands him the trash bag to hold while she picks everything up.

"Everyone is outside. Should we go with them or talk"

Y/n- I don't know.

Vinnie- We have to talk sooner or later. We need to figure this out.

Y/n- I know.

Y/n finished cleaning up and her and Vinnie sat down on the couch.

Neither one of them knew what to say.

Y/n- I don't know what's wrong with us.

Vinnie- I know. It's my fault. I've been ignoring you.

Y/n- oh

Ouch

Vinnie- I'm just afraid of losing you.

Y/n- Then actually try. I shouldn't be the only one trying for this relationship. If I am then we just shouldn't be in one.

Vinnie- I'm sorry. I'll try I promise.

Y/n looks down as she feels her eyes get watery.

Y/n- I don't know how many more of these promises I can take.

Vinnie pulls Y/n into his arms.

Y/n hears Vinnie sniffle and she looks up at him to see him crying. She wipes his tears.

Y/n- You won't lose me. Everything will be okay.

Vinnie- I hope so.

He kisses her and places her back in his chest.

Vinnie- I love you

Y/n- Me too.