18

It's been two weeks since Y/n and Vinnie last spoke. Y/n decided she needed time to think about everything. The last thing Vinnie told her was that he was in love with her. Y/n didn't know what to believe after everything that happened. Vinnie has been trying to text her or talk to her at school but she just ignores him. She has been spending time with Ryan. He has been trying to distract her from everything. Y/n went to watch Ryan play the past two weeks with his parents. It hurt seeing Vinnie as well as his family, but it's the least she could do for Ryan. They supported each other in anything they did. It is currently Monday morning and a new school day. Ryan picked up Y/n and they headed to school.

Ryan- So anything new?

Y/n sighs as she looks out the window.

Y/n- If you mean have I talked to Vinnie? I haven't.

Ryan- You know he hasn't been great at practice of games. Coach has noticed. Tells him constantly to get his shit together.

Y/n- Oh

He deserves it

Ryan- At least tell Vinnie you're okay. Maybe that will help him a bit to clear his head.

Y/n- I don't know... He seems fine when I see him.

Ryan- He's far from it. At lunch he won't talk anymore. Just puts his head phones in and barely eats. At practice he looks like he doesn't even want to be there.

Y/n- I think that was it for us. We weren't even dating yet and all this crap happened. I gave him two chances and that wasn't enough. Can we please stop talking about him?

Ryan- Yeah sure sorry.

Y/n and Ryan get into the school parking lot and get down. Most of the guys from the football team start walking with Ryan and Y/n just talking. She has gotten closer to the guys because she's always with Ryan now. They see her as a sister since they were all close with her brother so she doesn't mind. They all know what happened with Vinnie and want what's best for her. Y/n is laughing and walking into to school with her friend Marcos when she hears someone calls Marcos name. They both turn around at the same and see that it's Vinnie.

Fuck

Marcos- Go ahead. He's probably going to be upset I'm talking to you.

Y/n rolls her eyes and laughs

Y/n- Tell me everything later?

Marcos- of course

He laughs as she walks away and sees Vinnie go up to him.

She catches up to Ryan and they walk to class.

Ryan- So i was thinking since there's no practice today how about we go eat somewhere?

Y/n- Hmmm where though?

"CHICK-FIL-A"

Y/n and Ryan said at the same time.

Ryan- Yes!! I've been wanting some.

Y/n- Me too.

Ryan- Okay if I don't see you the rest of the day meet me at my truck right after school ends so we can go!

Y/n and Ryan are walking to their first class of the day not knowing Vinnie was walking behind them listening.

(Vinnies Pov)

I'm parked in the school parking lot waiting for school to start. These past two weeks have been miserable. I hurt her and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm surprised her brother didn't find out. Surprised she didn't tell him. I miss her. I try to talk to her, but maybe I should give her space.