24

Thoughts in bold

It was now the next day and Vinnie was picking up Y/n for school. She felt nervous walking to his car after everything that happened yesterday. She knew her answer to his question and was ready to tell him.

Y/n opens the door and steps into the car. She smiles at him and he does the same as they drive off to school.

Vinnie- So about yesterday. Just know it's handled and he told me if we want to date it's okay.

Y/n- Oh really

Vinnie- Yeah he was surprisingly okay with it. I mean not at first but then he was.

Y/n couldn't hold in her excitement anymore while Vinnie kept talking.

He parked in his parking spot at school and they stayed talking in the car.

Vinnie- I told you everything would be fine. Also my mom is inviting your family to dinner this weekend. She wants to tal-

Y/n- Yes

Vinnie stops talking and looks at her confused.

Vinnie- What?

Y/n take a deep breath and smiles at him.

Y/n- I mean yes I'll be your girlfriend.

Vinnie smiles and looks at her.

Vinnie- You're joking right?

Y/n laughs

Y/n- I'm serious Vinnie. 100%.

Vinnie grabs cups her cheeks and kisses her.

Vinnie- My mom is going to be so excited!!

Y/n- Oh my

Such a mommy's boy

Y/n laughs as she steps out of the car. They start walking toward the entrance of the school as Vinnie interlocks their hands.

Y/n kisses his cheek as they walk into school. Walking down the hall way girls were staring and whispering. Y/n was never the type to be involved in drama, but Vinnie on the other hand was someone who always had something going on. Everyone knew him. Y/n was only known because of her brother. When he was in high school he was a jock that everyone loved. Nice, athletic, and smart. Y/n was now being known for being with Vinnie, but she didn't mind.

They got to the hallway where they had class and stopped.

Y/n- Well that was kinda weird.

Vinnie laughs.

Vinnie- Just a little, but I'll see you after class okay?

Y/n nods goes into her class and sits down. As she is taking out her stuff a girl comes up to her. This girl never talked to her, but Y/n had seen her in her classes.

Girl- Y/n? Right?

Y/n smiles and nods.

Girl- We should hang out sometime and maybe you should bring Vinnie too.

She smirks and Y/n couldn't help but start getting annoyed.

Y/n- Vinnie doesn't really enjoy having someone be a third wheel. Sorry.

Wtf did i just say?

Girl- Well then maybe it should just be me and Vinnie then.

She can see Y/n is getting upset.

Y/n faces her completely.

this bitch

Y/n- Vinnie doesn't like hanging out with whores.

Girl- Apparently he does if he hangs out with you.

Y/n- Well I guess you're right because he calls me his whore when he's fucking me.

Y/n smirks at her causing the girl to scoff and go to her seat.

Class was over and Y/n walks out into the hallway and tells Vinnie what happened.

Vinnie- I can't believe you told her that

Vinnie laughs.

Vinnie- You're not wrong though and how about you come over later and we...

Y/n- I can't later. Dinner with my family since my brother is here. You should come.

Ugh
Nice one

Vinnie- Oh no it's alright. I'll probably get out of practice late anyway.

It suddenly got awkward and they just stood there.

Y/n- We should um

Vinnie- Get to class. Yeah

They walk their separate ways.

Why was that so awkward?

Y/n forgot that she had her next class with Ryan. She kinda forgot about him being in her class. It had been a couple of weeks since they last talked. She sat behind him and put her headphones in. Class started and she was writing notes, when suddenly he handed her a note.

Great.

She rolled her eyes and unfolded it reading what he wrote in his boyish barely legible writing.

"So you and Vinnie?"

Y/n writes back. They did this back and forth for the majority of class.

"What's it to you? thought you weren't going to speak to me again"

"Just want to know. I saw y'all in the hallway today. And technically i'm not speaking to you so"

Ok smart ass.

"Okay so think what you want about what you saw in the hallway"

"You're really not going to tell me"

"Get over it"

"Why is it so hard to tell me? Are you embarrassed of Vinnie?"

"I am NOT embarrassed of Vinnie. Just leave me alone."

Ryan gets the note and reads it causing him to completely face Y/n.

Teacher- Ryan please face the front

Ryan looks at Y/n one last time and turns to the front.

The rest of class went on and the bell rang causing Y/n to leave quickly so Ryan wouldn't talk to her.

Should i tell Vinnie what happened?
I mean it's nothing bad.
Why should I?

Y/n is walking down the hall with her headphones thinking. She feels tapping on her shoulder and sees Vinnie.

Vinnie- You okay?

Y/n- mhm

Vinnie- Doesn't seem like it. Seems like you were thinking, like zoned out.

Y/n- I'm fine.

He knows me too well

Vinnie- You're not okay. Something is bothering you, but tell me when you're ready okay.

He kisses her cheek quickly before going to class. Y/n skips class and goes to the library knowing she had her next class with Ryan again.

She sits down and puts her head down hoping she will get the much needed sleep.

Fuck school

She plays music and slowly drifts off to sleep.