Chapter 18: WE ALSO HAVE THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, BITCH

Nevada lands on the balcony his metal suit goes into his belt as he walks into the penthouse. New York is standing at the bar holding a whiskey glass.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Nevada says.

"Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you," New York replies.

"You should have kept your guard up for that," Nevada smirks.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the rip-off Iron Man suit. Would you like a drink?" New York asks as he pours himself a whiskey on the rocks.

"Stalling me won't change anything," Nevada states.

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one," The Empire State says then takes a sip of his drink.

"The rest of my army is coming, nothing will change that. What do I have to fear?"

"The S-Forse." Nevada looks at him, confused. "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team," New York continues, "'Earth's mightiest heroes' type of thing."

"Yes, I've met them," Nevada says.

New York flashes him a sarcastic smile, "Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a headcount here. Your ex-boyfriend; a human torch, an angel human, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend, a man that can grow breathtakingly large, a couple of new but powerful heroes, a wizard, a broody loner, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

"That was the plan," Nevada answers.

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

"I have an army," Nevada growls.

"We have Florida," New York says with a smirk.

"WE ALSO HAVE THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, BITCH!" Florida yells as he jumps through the window with both katanas in hand. He swings them at Nevada but he gracefully steps out of the way so he doesn't get hit. 

Nevada grabs one of Florida's swords out of his hand and swings it at him, slicing his arm off. Florida looks down at his shoulder to see blood gushing out of it. 

"Tis but a scratch," Florida says in a British accent.

Nevada rolls his eyes, "Monty Python? Really?"

"What's wrong is Monty Python?" Florida asks then charges at Nevada only to get his other arm sliced off. "It's just a flesh wound," Florida says then kicks Nevada. 

Nevada sighs then slice both his legs off just above the hem of his pants. Florida's armless torso falls to the ground. Nevada drops the katana on the ground and starts walking toward the balcony as his metal suit forms back on him, he looks over at New York, who is still standing behind a bar drinking whiskey, and flips him off.

"I should be the one flipping you off, you killed my brother!" New York shouts.

"That was DC, honey, not me," Nevada says as his helmet forms over his face.

Once Nevada is gone New York sets his drink down and walks over you Florida, "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine but can you push my legs over here, with the way they're cut off it's easier to grow back to them," Flo explains.

"Whatever," New York responds and pushes Florida's leg back against him with his foot, avoiding actually touching him with his hands. "What about your arms?"

"They're easy to grow back."

"Okay," New York responds then walks over to the balcony and jumps off of it.